I Got Diagnosed with an EXTENSIVE DVT Two Weeks Post Liposuction?

I was recently hospitalised for 2 weeks where doctors discovered i had an extensive DVT in my left leg from my ankle to hip. As with any surgery there is always risks but it saddens me that walking and moving around after my procedure was not made important and serious. After my surgery immediately i could not walk where i suffered from high temperatures and began vomiting the next day. Temperatures persisted and walking or moving was way too painful for me. Should my surgeon be compensating me?

Preventing DVT or Deep Venous Thrombosis after liposuction and tummy tuck

+1

Deep Venous Thrombosis (DVT) which is formation of blood clots in the leg veins in a known risk of any major surgery including liposuction and tummy tuck. That is why I encourage ALL my patients to walk and/or move thier legs immediately after surgery. I also use pneumatic compression device during surgery. Unfortunately, despite all these efforts it is still possible to develop DVT after surgery!