I Was Diagnosed with 2 Bcc's in Feb 2011,

one by my right eye(inner canthus is what they called it)which has been removed and had a skin graft from my inner ear. The other is under my left eye going up towards the bit by my nose are ,this is not being scheduled untill oct 2011. Is this a long wait or am i fretting with no need ? many thanks mads

Probably won't matter but why wait

+1

Waiting several weeks probably won't make a big difference as these usually grow slowly. However, why would you wait so long when you probably would feel better getting this over with. Ask what the wait is. If the doctor not available maybe you can see someone else. 

Birmingham Dermatologist

Periocular BCCs should be treated early, not late

+1

I would recommend that the BCCs near your eye be treated as early as possible.  Smaller scars are better for everyone.

Daniel I. Wasserman, MD
Naples Dermatologic Surgeon

How long can I wait to have my basal cell carcinoma treated?

+1

Basal cell carcinoma rarely metastasizes and death from this type of tumor is unllikely. Luckily, basal cell carcinoma is almost always a slow growing tumor and delaying treatment for more than a month is rarely a problem. In most cases, one would not recommend delaying treatment for more than a few months, but even then it often is not a problem. Tumors on the back, chest, abdomen, and thighs rarely need immediate treatment unless they are really large (over 2 cm), and even then treatment can often wait a few months. There are some circumstances in which one would not want to delay treatment much longer than one month including:

• tumors that are on the eyelid and close to the eye
  • tumors that are very large and likely to be very deep on the temple sides of the neck, or in the jowl area.

If one delays treatment, one must understand that the tumor may grow leading to a larger piece being removed, and ultimately a larger scar. If you are considering or have any questions about delaying treatment, it is best to discuss this with your Dermatologist.

Robert S. Bader, MD
Miami Dermatologic Surgeon