How Would You Diagnose This Jaw Issue? (photo)

For as long as I can remember I have had jaw issues. Pain, migraines, stiffness, and clicking. It also seems as if my face is uneven in pictures and worsens if my mouth is open. I was wondering how you would classify/treat this.

Facial Skeletal Asymmetry

+1

Rebecca 

It appears from these photos that you have a Dento-facial deformity with asymmetry The midline of your chin appears to be off to the left. When you smile it appears that the level of your bite it canted (the left side is lower than the right) in the frontal view.  Of course to provide a much more accurate diagnosis you would need specialized X-rays of the facial skeleton as well as Ct scans.  This will provide the necessary information required to properly treat you. A combination of orthodontia and orthognathic surgery would correct this facial skeletal deformity. Good luck and please let me know if I can help in any way. Regards Dr M

Middletown Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeon