I'm a Diabetic Person and I Have Gum Disease. So, Can I Have a Dental Implants?

Implant candidate with diabetes

+1

Dental implants are a good solution for most people. Ideal candidates should be in good general health, have sufficient jawbone density, and be prepared for the dental implant process, which can take up to one year to complete. If your diabetes is under control with medication, and also stable you can be a good candidate. With xrays and a good evaluation of the area by the general dentist and surgeon, you will have your answer. It is not impossible and If you do not have sufficient jawbone density, the dentist can discuss bone grafting or alternative types of implants that may better meet your needs.

Replacing a missing tooth is one of the most beneficial oral health decisions you can make. Not only does a gap in your smile detract from your appearance, leaving that gap in place dramatically increases your chances of losing an adjacent tooth.

Fairfax Cosmetic Dentist

Dental implants inspite of having diabetes.

+1

Good question.  Uncontrolled diabetics have problems with healing and as such ate at higher risk of dental implant failure.  However if your control is optimized and a good surgical protocol is employed the risk can be minimized and you can be a candidate for fixed tooth replacement.  

Dan Hagi, DDS
Toronto Cosmetic Dentist