Can Devices That Deliver Microcurrents to the Face Be Helpful in Restoring Sensation & Resolving Tightness After Facelift?

My double board certified ps recommends it but I'm doubtful. 4 months after a facelift I still have some small areas of numbness in front of ears although much of the original numbness has resolved. My ears also feel tight and he thinks the microcurrents may help with that as well. Any opinions/experience with such devices? Thank you.

Current to Face and Restoring Sensation?

+1

Applying a current to the face in an attempt to improve sensation and tightness has not been demonstrated.

Microcurrents or ultrasonic treatment after a facelift are gimmics. They do nothing.

+1

There has to be a plausible physiologic reason why any treatment will change the healing process.  Delivering energy to an area is not necessarily beneficial.  I have never read anything scientific explaining how these external treatments can change the healing process in a favorable way.