Is This a Deviated Septum? If so, are there options for fixing just the nostrils and not the rest of the nose? (photo)

Does this picture show a deviated septum? If so, are there options for fixing just the nostrils and not the rest of the nose? How much would something like that cost?

Deviated septum?

+1

Indeed the caudal part of the septum is deviated to the right side.  If this deviated septum is causing breathing problems on that side of the nose, surgery to correct cab improve airflow dynamics through the nose and would be billed to medical insurance out of medical necessity. 
Straightening the caudal septum will make the nostrils much more symmetrical.  This is done for cosmetic purposes.  A lower columelloplasty would cost approximately $3,000.

Deviated septum

+1

Yes it does appear to be so. you will need a septorhinoplasty for complete correction. Prices vary around the country and whether or not your medical insurance will cover part of the procedure. In my area cost would range $5-8,000, for surgery, operating room and anesthesia

Michael L. Schwartz, MD
West Palm Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

Deviated Septum

+1

Hi,

Yes it certainly looks like a deviated septum. Usually insurance will cover the cost of the septal deviation. If you want to fix the nostrils and/or any other cosmetic features, the cost can range anywhere from $4000 to $10,000.. depending on your geographic location. Your surgeon should determine whether a closed or open is appropriate for you after examing you in person.

Dr.S.

Oleh Slupchynskyj, MD, FACS

Most likely

+1

Yes most likely you have a deviated caudal septum but the medial crura of your lower lateral cartilages may also be asymmetric.  There is a lot of technical language in what I just told you but that is because the nose and rhinoplasty is complex with complex anatomy.  Find an experienced surgeon who knows how to do a good rhinoplasty AND a good septoplasty because these go hand in hand in your case.  I have had many patients with noses like yours and the procedure can be done CLOSED and without any major changes to the rest of your nose if only this aspect bothers you.  It would be about an hour long procedure or less.  Cost depends on the surgeon.

Shervin Naderi, MD, FACS
Washington DC Facial Plastic Surgeon