Do I have a deviated septum if I get headaches and breathe better in 1 nostril? Also, how much to fix just the tip of my nose?

I have always had horrible headaches and I feel i breathe better in one nostril. also, I have a horrible pointy tip on the end of my nose. about how much would that cost just to fix the tip?

Breathing issues and headaches causes

+1

You have many questions that although are about your nose are not directly related and without photos and examination, can't be accurately answered. Impaired breathing can be the result of a deviated septum, enlarged turbinates, polyps or a combination and the appropriate procedure would depend on the specific cause.

Headaches may be related to sinus issues.

You would be best served to have a full evaluation and then recommendations and prices can be discussed. 

Determining whether you have a deviated septum or not

+1

The diagnosis of deviated septum can only be made by looking up inside the nose. Occasionally, Afrin has to
be sprayed in the nose to get a good visualization on both sides if the turbinates are very congested and swollen.
Any deviated septum repair is typically billed to the patient’s medical insurance out of medical necessity. A
rhinoplasty operation is billed directly to the patient and usually costs $6000 to $7000 which includes the
operating room, anesthesia, and surgeon’s fee. A tip plasty, if that is all that is required, is usually approximately half that.

Cosmetic and Functional Nasal Problems

+1

You have many questions about the function and appearance of your nose. Your headaches may be secondary to sinus disease. I suggest you see an ENT specialist or a facial plastic surgeon who can evaluate all these problems.

Trust Your Face to a Board Certified Facial Plastic Surgeon

+1

You need a formal evaluation to determine what is the most appropriate course of action.  I recommend visiting with several surgeons.  Training in both Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeon and Otolaryngology is preferrable.  Warmest regards, Dr. Pippin.

Gregory Pippin, MD
Metairie Facial Plastic Surgeon

Nasal Obstruction: what's causing it: septum, turbinates, allergies?

+1

Nasal obstructive symptoms can be due to a deviated septum but may also be associated with enlarged turbinates, weak, constricted or poorly supported upper lateral cartilages compromising the nasal valve, allergies, etc. A thorough evaluation is needed prior to making any recommendations 

Deviated septum

+1

Sounds like you may have a deviated septum. However, only a thorough examination can determine this. The cost of rhinoplasty varies by geographical area.

Andres Bustillo, MD, FACS
Miami Facial Plastic Surgeon

Deviated septum a common cause of breathing problems

+1

The nasal septum is the divider between the left and right side of the nose. The septum often is not completely straight and can push into one side of the nose or the other blocking off the flow of air on one side. Sometimes the deviation can be seen at the nostril, making one side smaller than the other, though more often the deviation can only be seen by the surgeon during a nasal examination. There are many causes of breathing better through one nostril than the other, though septal deviation is a common one. The septum can be straightened during the rhinoplasty procedure to correct a 'pointy' tip, so be sure to discuss the breathing issues with your surgeon.

peterejohnsonmd

Deviated Septum

+1

Need a posted photo to answer. But it sure sounds like you do have a deviated septum. A in person nasal examination to the best way to determine this diagnosis. Seek boarded surgeons to aid you. 

Deviated septum or not?

+1

You need to see an experienced nasal  surgeon. He can treat both the the sinuses and the pointy tip after he evaluates you.

Septal deviation

+1

Without an exam it is difficult to say whehter or not you ahve a deviated septum.  As for the price everyone varies a bit.  Go to a good surgeon first, than worry about pricing.  Remember sometimes the lowest one on the block may not be the best in the long run.