Do I have a deviated Septum? (photo)

Do I have a Deviated Septum and does it make my nose look very big on one side and normal on the other? Would it be worth looking in to getting it fixed as I find it quite hard to breath out of one side of my nose and when I'm sick it's extremely hard to do so. My nose is generally long and pointy and I'm quite self concious about it. Would it be worth getting the deviated septum fixed or just rhinoplasy and get nose reduction? Please help thanks.

Do I have a deviated Septum?

+1

If the septum is deviated and is a plausible reason for your breathing obstruction, then a septoplasty can be performed at the same time as rhinoplasty to improve the cosmesis of the nose.

Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of rhinoplasties and rhinoplasty revisions each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Web reference: http://www.hughesplasticsurgery.com/Rhinoplasty.php

Do I have a deviated septum?

+1

An exam would really be necessary to determine whether you have a deviated septum. Depending on your needs, rhinoplasty and septoplasty can be performed simultaneously in a procedure known as a septorhinoplasty. I would recommend an in-person consult with a board certified rhinoplasty specialist. He or she will be able to evaluate your nose in person and provide you with advice. I hope this helps, and I wish you the best of luck.

Web reference: http://www.rhinoplastyspecialist.com

Rhinoplasty and septoplasty or to completely different operations

+1

There are multiple causes of nasal obstruction such as a deviated septum, turbinates hypertrophy, valve collapse, vestibular stenosis, and allergies. Each one of these is treated differently with a combination of medications and surgery. A consultation/ physical examination will be required to make the diagnosis of a deviated septum. The rhinoplasty procedure is cosmetic in nature and can be performed at the same time, but must be paid for by the patient themselves. Virtual rhinoplasty software and our rhinoplasty photo gallery are located on the link below

Rhinoplasty and Septoplasty

+1

A physical exam will be required to diagnose a deviated septum, and a septoplasty can certainly be combined with a cosmetic rhinoplasty to help you look and breathe better. Good Luck!

Web reference: http://sandiegoface.com/rhinoplasty/

San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon