Could Deviated Septum Be the Cause my my Constant Breathing Issues?

Deviated septum,forehead pressure,sneezing,flushed cheeks,stuffy nose,running nose,bump on nose,constant breathing issues from age of 16 I am now 26.been told Its all in my head and my oxygen levels are fine until recently ent found I have deviated septum,scarred tonsils and adenoids need removing. All heart and lung function tests normal...I tend to have unsatisfying breaths in. Could my septum be causing these issues...?

Nasal obstruction

+2

A deviated septum is a very common cause of nasal obstruction.  It can also cause increased nasal mucus production and impair the drainage of the sinuses. 

Westchester Facial Plastic Surgeon

Nasal obstructive symptoms

+2

Nasal obstruction  can be caused by a variety of issues such as a deviated septum, valve collapse, vestibular stenosis, turbinate hypertrophy, large adenoids and tonsils, and allergies. Try medical management first which consists of nasal sprays, antihistamines, and decongestants. If you fail medical therapy, consideration for surgical improvement can be considered.  Chronic sinusitis needs to be documented with a CAT scan of the sinuses before any treatments are performed. Examination/ consultation with a specialist will determine the best route of therapy for you.  Please see the link below for more information

Deviated septum

+2

A deviated septum is a very common cause of nasal obstruction and inability to breath well or easily Often one side worse than the other Also hypertrophied turbinates very common with deviated septum

James R. Cullington, MD

Breathing problems through the nose

+1

Dear Mandy0221,

1. It could be a deviated septum or other issues as the other surgeon mentioned
  2. I would see someone experienced in treating all issues related to the nose as you can have more than one area that needs to be addressed
  3. It also sounds like you are having some allergic symptoms

Best regards,

Nima Shemirani

Nima Shemirani, MD