Deviated Septum Problem Cause I Think Its Called a Bifid Nasal? (photo)

So I went to an ENT doctor and I found out I have a Deviated Septum But my question is I also noticed a Bump on Inside of nose and a indentation on my nose at the tip is this related to the Deviated Septum?

Bifid nose

+1

Dear MAMB86

• the deviated septum may by present since you were born and be related to the appearance of the tip of your nose, but this is unlikely.
  • bifidity of the tip of the nose is not uncommon
  • A rhinoplasty is necessary to address the "indentation" on your nose, and the septoplasty is a separate procedure. 
  • Discuss what symptoms you are having with the deviated septum (airway obstruction, bleeding, crusting) in a consult with a rhinoplasty surgeon. 

Best Wishes

Sacramento Facial Plastic Surgeon

Bifid Nasal Tip #nosejob

+1

The bifid tip has to do with the lower cartilages being separated and can be fixed. The deviated septum is a totally separate problem and can be fixed at the same time. 

Richard J. Brown, MD

Deviated Septum and Bifid Nasal Tip

+1

The bifid nasal tip is caused by the separation of tip cartilages and is unrelated to your deviated septum. Both should be corrected during your nasal surgery.

Deviated Septum and Bifid Tip of Nose Not A Cause and Effect Relationship

+1

A bifid nasal tip is due to the relationship of the lower alar cartilages and is not related to having a deviated septum. Both could be treated during the same septorhinoplasty procedure.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

Does deviated septum cause a bifid nasal tip?

+1

The short answer is that a deviated nasal septum does not by itself cause a bifid tip.  The bifid tip is a result of overgrowth and seperation of the two cartlige units that make up the tip of the nose, called the lower lateral cartilages.  However, the presence of septal deviation during the early growth phase of the cartilages can affect the symmetry of the tip.  Dr. B

Ramin Behmand, MD