Should I Wait After Pregnancy for Rhinoplasty?

I have a deviated septum and I am 6 and 1/2 months pregnant. Is there anything I can do now, or should I wait until after pregnancy for Rhinoplasty?

Wait until after pregnancy

+1

It is impossible to perform elective cosmetic surgery during a pregnancy.  In the interest of your baby's health it is best to pursue rhinoplasty after he/she is born.

Definately wait until after Pregnancy for Rhinoplasty

+1

I agree with Dr. Mayer. There is no elective procedure I would recommend having during pregnancy. Your baby's health is of utmost importance.

Remember, during your pregnancy there are some hormonal effects on the lining inside the nose that can cause swelling. This will cause you to feel more congested, and the symptoms of your deviated septum will be more evident -- and certainly more annoying. Be patient, and discuss medical treatment options with your obstetrician. Good luck, and enjoy this time.

Dr. T

Behrooz Torkian, MD

Wait until your OB tells you it's ok.

+1

Your OB will tell you when you can have this done AFTER your delivery. Always best to be safe and not take any chances with the health of the baby.