My nose is crooked and I think I have a deviated septum. Will septoplasty help or do I need a complete rhinoplasty?

My nose is crooked. I feel my septum is deviated as well and its making a bit harder for me to breath properly. I just want to know if the septum is deviated and if I have a septoplasty will that make the crooked nose better or do I need a complete rhinoplasty? pictures are included.

Deviated Septum and Breathing Difficulty

+1

Hi jensen2201,

Based on the single photograph and difficulty breathing through the nose, you likely have a deviated septum. However, only after an evaluation can a specialist help determine (1) the reason your nose appears the way it does, and (2) the reason for your nasal congestion.

For patients with a deviated septum and nasal obstruction, a routine septoplasty does not change the appearance of the nose. A rhinoplasty would be required to help straighten both the external and internal nose. Only after a comprehensive evaluation can one help determine appropriate options for you. Best of luck.

Dr. Chaboki

Washington DC Facial Plastic Surgeon

Do I Have a Deviated Septum?

+1

A single frontal photograph is insufficient to diagnose septal deviation. The best way to do so is with an intranasal examination although at times a picture taken of your nose when you turn your head back aiming your nostrils at the ceiling may help.

Your photograph SUGGESTS a septal deviation. But your breathing difficulty could also be related to turbinate hypertrophy as well. as to do you NEED a full rhinoplasty - No you do NOT need it if you are happy with the appearance of your nose. But if you wanted your nose to be made narrower, more feminine and the tip more defined, smaller and a bit more raised then you definitely could have these done with a full rhinoplasty.