Deviated Septum Memory?

I remember my Plastic Surgeon telling me that the septum has memory, so when a crooked septum is straightened it can sometimes flick into a crooked position again. My septorhinoplasty was 2 and a half years ago (it was deviated to the right), but now I think it looks like it's pointing more to the right again, and I can see more 'flesh' on the septum inside the right nostril. Could it have flipped back to a crooked position this late?

Redevistion of septum.

+1

Yes the septum can rede kate somewhat.  If it looks ok and you breathe well do nothing.  Otherwise it can be revised. 

Can septum deviate again?

+1

The answer is yes. If you are breathing well it makes no difference.Do you ever worry if your kidneys are pretty? As long as they work tht is what matters

Richard Ellenbogen, MD