Deviated septum making whole face asymmetrical with one side defined better: Can I achieve the attached photo?

My nose makes the other half of my face chubbier because one side is contoured naturally and the other side is not. Is it a deviated septum I am suffering from or is it the actual bone? Also is my nose too thick to be made slimmer?

+1
  The symmetry of your nose and face can be improved with a closed rhinoplasty without any visible scars.

Rhinoplasty

+1
A rhinoplasty can improve the appearance of your nose. Will you be happy after? Will it meet your goals? Visit with a few surgeons and review some morphed images of your nose that they feel may be realistically achieved with surgery. If these images are what you are looking for then there is a very good chance you will be pleased with the results of surgery.

David M. Kahn, MD
Palo Alto Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty

+1
Your tip is wide and vertically large as well.  I would think you will be very happy with a well done rhinoplasty.  The goals would be to refine the tip.  This will involved cartilage work and also thinking of the soft tissues.

Adam Bryce Weinfeld, MD
San Angelo Plastic Surgeon

Nose

+1
Thank you for the photos and I agree with Dr Elam you should get a very good improvement to your nose and facial symmetry with surgery

Dr Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD
Brea Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty Candidate

+1
Dear Ihatemynose, I would suggest a consultation with an expert in rhinoplasty surgery. During consultation a direct examination would be done to determine your diagnosis of deviated septum and an overall examination of your nose and facial features would be done. Based on your photographs and concerns listed above I would state that you should have some very nice aesthetic improvements to your nose via rhinoplasty surgery. Rhinoplasty surgery is very rewarding to patient and surgeon alike. Best regards, Michael V. Elam, M.D.

Michael Elam, MD

Nose asymmetry?

+1
The areas that concern you can be realistically cosmetically improved with a rhinoplasty and a septoplasty.

Keep in mind that following advice from a surgeon on this or any other website who proposes to tell you exactly what to do based on limited two dimensional photos without examining you, physically feeling your tissue, assessing your desired outcome, taking a full medical history and discussing the pros and cons of the operative procedure would not be in your best interest. Natural appearing results need to be individualized and what is appropriate for one patient is not necessarily the best for someone else. I would suggest that you find a surgeon certified by the American Board of American Plastic Surgery and one who is ideally a member of The American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS) or facial plastic surgeon (otolaryngologist) that you trust and are comfortable with. You should discuss your concerns with that surgeon in person.

Robert Singer, M.D., FACS

La Jolla, California

Robert Singer, MD
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty for the deviated nose with asymmetry.

+1
Rhinoplasty for the deviated nose with asymmetry can give a straighter nose and more attractive with tip refinement. 

Nose asymmetry

+1
Thank you for bringing this topic. An in person exam is required by an experienced board certified rhinoplasty surgeon to determine precisely what you need. The septum should be examined by looking inside the nose. The external pictures provide only part of the exam. The asymmetry you show may be bone, cartilage or both. Correcting asymmetry is certainly possible. These procedures are precision oriented and seeing an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon is the best way to go. Good luck!

David C. Yao, MD, FACS
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Deviated septum and facial asymmetry

+1
These are good thoughts about your nose as related to the overall facial appearance.  The best way to get the diagnosis and plan for correction is to see a rhinoplasty surgeon for a consultation.  Then you will know what is really going on.

Jay Calvert, MD