Deviated septum issues? (photo)

I can't breath well through my nose as a result I end up breathing with my mouth open when I sleep, its so annoying, I can't even sleep through the night sometimes. Also, I notice that my nose is crooked, is that because of a double deviated septum? I can feel the septum go the the left and then sharply to the right near the tip of my nose.. Does insurance cover the cost of having the septum fixed so I can breath better? Thanks!

Deviated septum issues?

+1

Depending on your insurance company, they will likely cover some or all of the functional portion of your surgery. I would recommend an exam with a board certified rhinoplasty specialist. He/she will be able to examine your nose in person and provide you with advice. I hope this helps, and I wish you the best of luck.

Web reference: http://www.rhinoplastyspecialist.com

Deviated septum is common cause of nasal congestion

+1

Yes, many patients commonly have a deviated septum as a contributing factor to nasal congestion. The nasal septum is a sheet or wall of cartilage and bone that separates the nose into right and left sides. A deviated septum means that this cartilage and bone is not perfectly straight. It's very common to have some degree of deviation, either on the inside or outside of the nose, which can contribute to nasal blockage or allergy symptoms.

Most insurance provider may cover deviated septum surgery. However, rhinoplasty may or may not be covered by your insurance provider. If you haven't already, speak with a septoplasty surgeon to help determine appropriate options for you.

Dr. Chaboki

Web reference: http://www.potomacplasticsurgery.com/reconstructive-surgery/nose-surgery.cfm

Washington DC Facial Plastic Surgeon

Nasal obstruction

+1

Nasal obstruction is caused from a variety of issues inside the nose which can only be diagnosed in person by examination of the internal portion of the nose. The most common issues that can cause nasal obstruction include a deviated nasal septum, turbinate hypertrophy, valve collapse, vestibular stenosis, a nasal fracture and allergies. Each one of these entities are treated differently with either a combination of medications or surgery. Once the decision to perform surgery has been made, preauthorization is performed with the patient's insurance company. Expect to pay out of pocket for any insurance co-pays and deductibles and any cosmetic related surgery

Deviated septum

+1

You are definitely deviated and this could be a significant cause of nasal obstruction. Most health insurance companies will cover the cost septoplasty for breathing, but it would be wise for you to directly confirm that with your own company or HR person. Should you decide to have rhinoplasty at the same time for cosmetic nose changes then that part would not be covered and would be paid for by you.

Fort Lauderdale Facial Plastic Surgeon