Had a Deviated Septum, I Had my Splints Remove, now I Can Smell an Odor, and Also I Have Severe Headache?

Post Septoplasty. What does this mean?

Headache and bad odor after septoplasty

+1

Your symptoms suggest an infection....go and see your surgeon immediately and have him check the nose, possibly do X-rays. Ask him if he used any temporary packs during surgery that should have all been removed.

Sacramento Facial Plastic Surgeon

+1

The odor may be an infection and you should go back to the Rhinoplasty Surgeon that did your Septoplasty for evaluation.

Smell after Septorhinoplasty

+1

Sounds like you may have chronic sinusitis.  You should see your Dr..  Have  them examine you and ensure that you dont have  any packing left in your nose.   A CT scan of sinuses is indicated to look at your sinuses.  

Philip Solomon, MD
Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon