Deviated Septum and Rhinoplasty? Can I Get Them Together?

I broke my nose a few years back. I went to the doctors and I had surgery on it. The doctors mended the bone, but they didn't actually fix my nose. Recently, I noticed I can't breathe very well out of my left nostril. I think I may have a deviated septum. I know deviated septums and rhinoplasty are different things, but is there any way the doctor could straighten my nose during a deviated septum procedure? And if they can't, where can I go to have rhinoplasty? I can't just go to a clinic can I?

Septoplasty and rhinoplasty together

+1

Experienced and expert surgeons frequently perform both surgeries at the same time. Consult with 3 - 4 experienced and expert board certified plastic surgeons to understand your options.

Septoplasty and rhinoplasty together

+1

It is possible to have a septoplasty and rhinoplasty performed during the same procedure. This is referred to as a septorhinoplasty.  I would recommend seeking a consultation with a board certified rhinoplasty specialist who has a great deal of experience performing both septoplasty and rhinoplasty surgery. Thank you and best of luck to you.

Paul S. Nassif, MD

Surgery to fix broken nose and deviated septum can be done together

+1

A septoplasty and rhinoplasty can be performed simultaneously and are done quite often in our practice.  Septoplasty is performed out of necessity for breathing dynamics through the nose and the procedure is billed to the patient’s medical insurance.  Rhinoplasty will take an hour to an hour and a half to perform at the same time under 1 general anesthesia.  The patient is responsible for the rhinoplasty cost, as it is an elective cosmetic surgery.

Deviated Septum and Rhinoplasty

+1

Yes, The repair of a Deviated Septum and Rhinoplasty are commonly done together. I would recommend a Facial Plastic Surgeon with an Ear, Nose and Throat background. They would have extensive experience in both the functional and cosmetic nasal procedures.

Felix Bopp, MD
New Orleans Facial Plastic Surgeon

Septoplasty and Rhinoplasty at the Same Time

+1

Not only can you have both procedures done at the same time, you should do them together. In fact, many times you cannot achieve the ideal result if they are done separately. Also, you will have 1 operation and 1 recovery.

Rhinoplasty

+1

Your story sound pretty typical.  Even though you had the nasal fracture repaired following the injury, you still have a cosmetic deformity as well as problems breathing.  It is quite possible that this is due to a deviated septum caused by your injury.  Correction of the deviated septum is commonly performed at the same time as rhinoplasty to correct the appearance.  Be sure to choose a plastic surgeon or ENT surgeon with plenty of experience with rhinoplasty and they should be able to help you.

Ronald J. Edelson, MD

Combining septoplasty with rhinoplasty

+1

It is very common to combine septoplasty with rhinoplasty. This septo-rhinoplasty procedure makes a lot of sense as you only need one recovery period and septal cartilage from the septoplasty procedure may be useful for the external rhinoplasty.

You should find a surgeon well versed in treating nasal obstruction. There are several possible reasons for nasal blockage so a thorough exam is an important part of the evaluation process.

Thomas A. Lamperti, MD

Rhinoplasty Surgery and Deviated Septum

+1

Absolutely yes, you can have both the internal septum and the visible outer parts of the nose treated at the same time.  If you would like cosmetic changes to your nose appearance and you have breathing problems from a deviated septum, then it is ideal to to both at once.

The septum runs down the middle of the  nose and extends back quite far. If the deeper part is bent to one side, it can reduce airflow. This is corrected by removing the bent portion. This is the deviated septum correction.

Any changes to the outside of the nose (correction of a bump or tip shape change) are the cosmetic rhinoplasty part of the surgery. I often use some cartilage taken form the deviated septum to help align or straighten other parts of the nose.

Michael Suzman, MD

Deviated Septum/Rhinoplasty

+1

These are two very common procedures to be performed at the same time.  It is very important for you to discuss with your surgeon to see if he is qualified to perform both surgeries at the same time.  I know in my office we do these weekly.  A surgeons's qualifications and experience have alot to do with your surigcal outcome.

David Alessi, MD

Septoplasty and rhinoplasty

+1

These procedures are frequently done together.  The carilage from the septoplasty is often used in the rhinoplasty for structural changes.  You should be able to improve function as well as form.  Donald R. Nunn MD  Atlanta Plastic Surgeon.

Donald Nunn, MD