Do I Need A Revision Rhinoplasty? I Believe The Silicone Was Inserted Incorrectly. (photo)

I had a rhinoplasty(I silicone& ear cartilage)2 wks ago. I noticed my nose is slanting(originally straight),with an infection on a nose hole. My primary surgeon said it's a healing process. But another surgeon I went to for a second opinion said the silicone was inserted wrongly, the tip looks boxy, unnatural& there's no medication for the infection. he suggested that i undergo a revision rhinoplasty in two weeks (a month after my first surgery). I'm confused abt contradicting info, please advic

Need for Revision Rhinoplasty 2 Weeks Post-Op

+1

It does appear that your implant is crooked, but this may be asymmetrical swelling just 2 weeks after your rhinoplasty. If there is an infection, that should be treated as soon as possible and the implant may have to be removed.- I guarantee there is a medication to treat the infection. Talk to your surgeon.

Silicone implant rhinoplasty

+1

Sorry to hear about your experience. I prefer to use cartilage to reshape the nose when grafts are necessary. The is less chance of infection and extrusion. I am unable to determine if your implant is infected from the photo. Of course if infected, it should be removed as soon as possible. I suggest a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon who specializes in revisional rhinoplasty.

Richard Ellenbogen, MD

Silicone Implant

+1

If the implant is infected, it should come out sooner than later.  I prefer to build up the nasal bridge using cartilage from within your own body to help circumvent some of the complications that are seen.  Please consult with a board certified rhinoplasty specialist who can best assist you in achieving the results you desire.

Kimberly Lee, MD

Silicone Implants

+1

Hi,

If the implant is infected, then it needs to come out as soon as possible. Your nose will not heal otherwise. If its not infected and just inflamed from the surgery then you can observe it for now. Your surgeon should let you know if you have an active infection, its impossible to tell from the pics you posted.

Dr.S.

Oleh Slupchynskyj, MD, FACS