Deviated Nasal Bone Fix? (photo)

Hi, my nose is slightly crooked and deviates to the right. It was not caused by trauma but I was hoping that it could be fixed with injections to fill the left side and make it more symmetrical. Let me know what you think!

Severely crooked nose must be straightened with surgery

+2

The nasal bones are extremely twisted and crooked, and the right upper lateral cartilage has been fractured off the maxillary bone and herniated down into the airway.  This is called valve collapse and vestibular stenosis along with a malunion nasal fracture.  The only way to straighten this is with surgery which would include both medial and lateral osteotomies and a right-sided spreader graft harvested from the septal cartilage to straighten this nasal pyramid.  No injections are going to make this nose straight.  In addition, cosmetic injections into the nose have been fraught with complications and it is highly recommended to not have any injections into nose.

Fillers for severe deviation of the nose not a great long term solution

+2

In my opinion, fillers for the nose are not great for correction of severe deviation (which I think you have).  Your nose appears to be crooked not only in the bone, but also in the cartilage portion of the bridge.  Fillers seems not to last very long in the nose (just a few months) and create a small risk of creating problems with infection or skin complications.  I think you would be better off with a rhinoplasty to straighten your nose.  I attached a video explaining the basics of correcting a crooked nose with rhinoplasty.  Hope this helps.

David W. Kim, MD
Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon