Developing Tear Troughs and/or Sunken Eye Appearance After Revision Rhinoplasty?

Is it possible to develop more pronounced tear troughs/sunken eye appearance/loss of facial fat following revision rhinoplasty (in my case the second revision attempt i.e 3rd surgery)? I have noticed a marked difference that I do not think is attributable to aging (26 at age of surgery, problem developed and his persisted since then), particularly because ALL of the men and women in my family age very well. What is the best way to address this issue (I'm now 27)? Thanks in advance for your time!

I have seen this before.

+1

I have been seeing this in before and after pictures.  My feeling is that the lower an osteotomy is created, the more likely one will see this problem in the postoperative setting.  I would think that an injectible can be used to camouflage the tear trough after at least six months have gone by.

Good luck,

Dr. Shah

Denver Plastic Surgeon

Tear trough & sunken eye

+1

This is not a common consequence of nasal surgery - you should discuss this with your surgeon and possibly get a CT scan to make sure that your sinuses have not been affected by the surgery.  Rarely, if the maxillary sinus is blocked it can shrink the face

Sam Naficy, MD