Am I Developing a Contracture? (photo)

I had my second breast aug approx 4 mos ago.(first was 8 yrs ago). Seemingly overnight my left breast is significantly firmer than the right and appears almost an inch higher. Did I just sleep on it wrong or can a contracture become apparent that quickly?

Capsular Contracture

+1

Your right breast does seem higher than the left.  With only one picture I can not tell without an exam.  See your surgeon so he can examine you and tell if one is starting. He may want to do some conservative measures before going to the last resort at this time which is reoperation.

Mobile Plastic Surgeon

Asymmetric breasts

+1

do not always mean a contracture is happening.  See your surgeon for an evaluation and exam and then formulate a plan on managing your concerns.  Assuming you have no contracture, and if you want improved symmetry, you will have to choose which side you like better so start thinking about that.

Curtis Wong, MD

Capsular contracture can occur at four months.

+1

It looks as though there is a capsular contracture developing on the right side. When a breast looks artificially supported this is evidence for the phenomenon. Check in with your plastic surgeon.

Can capsular contracture develop overnight?

+1

Generally, capsular contracture does not develop overnight. However, it does appear that you have some asymmetry between the breasts. If you have noticed a change in your breasts, I recommend that you address this concern with your plastic surgeon. Your surgeon has the benefit of knowing what you looked like before and shortly after your surgery. Thank you for sharing your photo and question. Best wishes.

Gregory Park, MD

Firmness will need to be evaluated

+1

Thanks for your pic and ? It does look like the right is rounder. If it is also firmer that there can be an issue with the scar tissue. Your plastic surgeon will be able to tell. Best of Luck!

M. Scott Haydon, MD

Am I Developing a Contracture?

+1

Assuming this is really an overnight change, I would think this is a capsular contracture. Best approach is a call to your surgeon for an appointment. There are a number of remedies that often help, and the sooner started the better.