15 months post-op. Have I developed a polly beak? (photo)

It is now 15 months since I had a septorhinoplasty and I am wondering if I have developed a polly beak or if the swelling is just taking a long time to subside. My nose is still pretty numb from just under the bridge all the way to the tip. Apologies for the last post, I tried to crop the picture and it went wrong!

Have I developed a polly beak?

+2
Without standardized photographs it is difficult to determine, and especially if the face is not in the repose position.  That is, totally relaxed and not smiling or moving.

Nevertheless, it does seem you may have some fullness in the "supra-tip " area that may be the formation of a "polly beak".  Often rhinoplasty surgeons will inject Kenalog into the area to help reduce the polly beak IF it is secondary to scar tissue build up, but not if it's a result of the surgeon not lowering the cartilage enough.

I would recommend seeing your surgeon to more accurately assess your concerns. 

Pollybeak 15 Months Post Rhinoplasty

+2
It is difficult to tell with the view submitted but it does appear that you have a pollybeak and a sagging tip. Treatment of these problems involves removing the small bump and/or augmenting the bridge depression. I need to see a full set of pictures for nasal evaluation as described on my website.

15 months post-op. Have I developed a polly beak?

+2
I would love to see your pre op photos.  Based on the photo you shared, I would recommend a Tip Rhinoplasty for you.  Your tip should not be that swollen, at this stage.  Follow up with your Plastic Surgeon and express your concerns.

Robert E. Zaworski, MD

It is difficult to assess your results after Rhinoplasty, based on your single photo.

+1
Your nose appears a bit long and droopy, but an in-person examination, or better photos, would be necessary to opine about your results following rhinoplasty surgery. Consider re-asking your question with a description of what's bothering you, along with several photos that demonstrate your concerns.

Hope this helps you.

Dr. Joseph

Eric M. Joseph, MD
West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

+1
Viewing the only posted photo I would say your issue is not polly beak but excessive total height. Revision operation only way to improve... 

Poly beak after rhinoplasty.

+1
Poly beak after rhinoplasty with a hanging columella and lack of tip support is what you have. See an experienced revision rhinoplasty surgeon or your surgeon. 

Have I developed a Polly beak following rhinoplasty?

+1
  • From the photograph that you show it appears that you have some extra fullness to your dorsum and tip in the lower half of your nose. To fully evaluate this you would need additional photographs submitted. If you can add some additional photographs. This would help. I would also recommend that you consult with your board-certified plastic surgeon and discuss your concerns.

William G. Hart Jr., MD
Saint Louis Plastic Surgeon

+1
The one photo makes analysis a bit difficult.  There may be supratip swelling or fullness.