I Developed a Half Inch Linear Line Bump on my Cheek After a Mole Was Frozen Off. Can I Get This Excised with Little Scarring?

I Developed a Half Inch Linear Line Bump on my Cheek After a Mole Was Frozen Off.  Can I Get This Excised with Little Scarring?

Mole removal

+1

Without a photo, this is difficult to assess.  Also, how long has it been since the area was treated with liquid nitrogen?  Understand that if you elect to have the mole removed with complete surgical excision, this will leave a scar that could be longer than what is there already.  I would recommend that you see a facial plastic surgeon for an evaluation and possible treatment. 

Scar following frozen off mole

+1

I presume you had the mole removed with liquid nitrogen? It would help if you could post a photo. Freezing off may have caused what is called a hypertrophic scar if the freezing went very deep (which from your description sounds like a possibility) How old is the scar? I would leave it for at least one year and if it is till early, try wearing a silicon gel sheet on the scar which should soften and flatten it (this especially helps in the first few months). Then, if you still do not like its appearance at one year, consider having a plastic surgeon revise it. The scar can in most cases be made narrower (a good scar should be a thin pale line), however, the length of it will be the same or slightly longer. Scars continue to change and it's important to let the completely settle before attempting to improve them.

Simone Matousek, MBBS, FRACS
Sydney Plastic Surgeon