Developed a Cyst in my Eye Socket After Fat Removal from Lower Lids?

I have had a full face lift and laser resurfacing on my lower lids and fat removal (fat removal I feel I didn’t need). I noticed a small lump under my left eye and it feels like about the size of a pea. Not only did the lift and resurfacing casus festoons I am now concerned about the lump that is noticeable. Can you tell me what can be done if anything to either remove the lump? I need a doctor in the CT/NY area.

Eyelid lump following surgery

+2

The lump that you are feeling may be from a suture that is under the skin.  It is possible that it is the suture itself or scar tissue that has formed around it.  Without knowing exactly what was done, it is difficult to give you much information.  I would suggest contacting your surgeon with this and see what he/she says.

Correcting cosmetic surgery

+1

May I first express my sadness that your procedure did not turn out as you planned. May I suggest you request a copy of your operative report from your surgeon. Take this data to another surgeon in your area for an examination and second option. They most likely will be able to answer your concerns. Please consider a member of the ASAPS. They are experts in correcting cosmetic surgery that has gone badly. Best,

Gary R Culbertson, MD, FACS

Gary R. Culbertson, MD
Columbia Plastic Surgeon

Eyelid bump after surgery

+1

See an oculoplastic surgeon for evaluation. The bump could be anything, requiring a thorough physical evaluation.  Imaging (CT scan) may not be useful if small lesion.

Mehryar (Ray) Taban, MD, FACS
Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon

Lump after lower eyelid lift and facelift

+1

Because I do not like to speculate, I cannot provide you with a meaningful answer to your question. A pea-size nodule is significant, though.

How long ago was your surgery?

Did you have a transconjunctival eyelid lift (through the inside of the lid) or was there an incision underneath the lashes?

Your surgeon will be in the best position to easily answer your question.

Frank P. Fechner, MD
Worcester Facial Plastic Surgeon

Lump after Blepharoplasty

+1

Hi,

Depends how long ago your surgery was. It can be a organized blood clot, scar tissue, cyst, retained fat or other problem. It needs to be examined.

Dr.S.

Oleh Slupchynskyj, MD, FACS

Lump after Eyelid Surgery

+1

The lump could be unremoved fat, fat necrosis, cyst, abscess or fluid collection, among other things.  Hard to say without pictures or an exam.