Brown Spots After a Light Glycolic Peel

I have had melasma on my forehead for about 2 years (I'm 29)--I am caucasian but get quite dark in the summertime. I began getting glycolic 35% peels to hopefully lighten the melasma, but about a week after the first peel, I developed more melasma on my cheeks! I have been wearing SPF 45 UVA/UVB daily, and haven't been out in the sun for more than 45 minutes at a time (watching kids, running errands)--will these go away? Should I stop doing these peels?

Melasma

+1

The treatment of melasma is very difficult and can take a long time. During the treatment you should Not be exposed to the sun without a sunscreen. Also Birth control pills and Hormones can aggrivate Melasma.

You need to prepare the skin and stabilize the melanin producing cells, I use OBAJI skin care. Then, after 6 weeks of skin preperation you start the peels, and bleaching to get rid of the Melasma.

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.