Is It Possible to Develop Uneven Skin Levels/ New Scars from Fraxel Restore?

I had fraxel restore at the end of January 2011 for minor acne scars with settings 70mj and 10 with 8 passes. In the days following treatment I began to notice small lines that did not match movement lines and have uneven skin texture. Now the end of May 2011, the lines are still there and the texture is as if I have slight level decreases on the surface of my skin. I went to a highly regarded laser center where solta fraxel trial studies are done (it's the real fraxel). What Happended?

Fraxel nad textural change

+1
It is not possible to discuss your results without seeing you and checking your skin with magnification and a Wood's light often helps to evaluate pigment. You should ask your treating doctor what is causing the coloration if it wasn't from the laser. See them soon to evaluate and treat.

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.