Possible to Develop Jowling or Loose Skin from Fraxel Laser?

has anybody else developed jowling or loose skin or loss of muscle tone from fraxel laser?

Fraxel does not loosen the skin

+1

Neither am I aware from my collegues, nor from my personal experience treating patients with Fraxel Restore for approximately 8 years and Fraxel Repair for two years, that loosening of the skin can be a side effect. The Frazel energy in both the Re:store and Re:pair lasers induces collagen production which tightens the skin if anything, it does not loosen the skin.

Fraxel Laser: Possible to Develop Jowling or Loose Skin After Treatment?

+1

Hi Finee,

I have not seen this occur in my patients over the 2 1/2 years of treating many patients. Nor have I heard of this occuring. Fraxel repair works by vaporizing skin (removes a mass of skin, usually about 8 grams on the face) permanently. When the face or face and neck are treated, there is many times a collection of fluid in the neck for a few weeks after treatment that resolves over time. The neck eventually tightens.

Fraxel repair does not penetrate deeply enough to affect muscle tone.

Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Michael A. Persky, MD