I have develop a dimple at the tip of my nose?

My wife noticed it about a 10 days ago, but it was smaller. I thought it was from a camo hunting mask I was wearing earlier. Then yesterday she said it was bigger and I finally noticed it myself. It is now the size of the tip of my index finger. I will be 50 years old this month and I am a healthy individual. What can be causing the dimple?

Dimple at Tip of Nose

+1

It is difficult to diagnose the problem without seeing a picture or examining you; insect bite, localized infection? I suggest you see an ENT physician, plastic or facial plastic surgeon. It is not an emergency but do this in the very near future so it does not get worse.

Dimple in the nasal tip

+1

Without a picture, it's difficult to tell what the dimple is from. However, if there is any pain or drainage, you need to see your doctor for an evaluation. Normal changes to the nasal tip occur as we get older, including drooping of the cartilages. This seems more sudden, though, and requires medical attention.

Evan Ransom, MD
Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon