What Size Will 350 Cc High Profile Saline Implants Bring Me to if I Am a 34a?

I am 5'4 and 120 llbs and wear a 34a bra. I am scheduled to have 350 cc implants (possibly filling it to 375 cc). I want to be a full c. I am worried that I should have picked a larger size but i also don't want them to look to fake. Should I have picked a larger implant if i want to be a full c?

Implant Selection Process

+1

Without seeing you, I would guess that you need a larger implant to reach a full C from an A cup.  In order to make an accurate size recommendation, I would need to assess your chest wall and breast mound measurements and characteristics.  Unfortunately, there is not a general rule of thumb or objective criteria to implant selection.

Your plastic surgeon will perform several measurements of your chest wall and breast anatomy and determine a range of implants that both fit your chest wall and reach your desired goals.
The next step is to try on this range of implants in the office with your doctor.   The key to this success is showing your surgeon the body proportion you desire with a bra sizer and allowing your surgeon to guide you to the right implant.   It will be much easier to communicate in implant cc's than cup size when determining the appropriate implant for you.
I wish you a safe recovery and fantastic result.
Dr. Gill

Web reference: http://www.drpaulgill.com

Implant Size

+1

It is very difficult to predict what cup size you will be after your procedure.  Cup sizes are not standardized.  So a D cup in one designer could be a C cup or B cup in another designer.   This is the approach I use to help guide my patients with their implant size selection:

I consider two factors when selecting implants for my patients:

1.Dimensional planning
2.Gel Implant Sizing system

Dimensional planning – The measurements of your chest wall are taken. Also, the breast dimensions including the height, width, and current dimensions of each breast form the basis of dimensional planning. Based on these measurements, the implant size is recommended. This will give you a unique breast implant that is suited for your body frame. However, there are some limitations of what size we can recommend. For instance, some implants may just be too big for a narrow chest wall. Your surgeon can review this with you during the consultation.

Gel Implant Sizing system – During the preliminary breast implant consultation, you will be provided with an option to “try on” a variety of implant shapes and sizes. You can also visualize the possible outcomes of your surgery which helps you to get that perfect size to give you the shape that you longed for. This way your preferences are known and you can then pick a range of implants that will “fit” just right to give a soft natural fuller look.  If you have decided on saline implants, then based on the gel sizer you select, we can guide you to the saline implant that achieves a similar look.
Hope this helps.
Dr. Basu
Houston, TX

Implant size

+1

Hi.  I think you might be choosing too small of an implant.  If you are a small A and want to be a full C, this size will probably not get you there.  If you told your doctor that you wanted a full C and he told you these implants will get you there, then this is the best judgement that can be given to you as your ps has evaluated the many details of your case.  However, hopefully you have gone over MANY cases with your doctor to get the implant size that will get you the LOOK.  It is virtually impossible to promise a patient that a bra cup can be promised.  All we can do is say we can try to achieve a look while you have your shopping during the consult.  You can shop for a bra later at a bra store.  In my practice, patients always ask what bra cup does a patient wear in pictures.  I tell them I will not talk bra cup until the picture viewing is done. If we do not do it like this, then we will be discussing bra cups without looking at the patients breast pictures for a yes or no on how the patient would feel if they were looking in the mirror and they looked like the picture.  A pattern develops and we do achieve the end result of a repeated look and then we put a bra cup to it.   It works.  Discuss in detail with your ps and you will do fine. 

Albany Plastic Surgeon

375 cc saline fill

+1

I think you will achieve the results you wish. But rather than focusing on the type of implant profile or the number of cc's or bra cup size (with is inaccurate and manufacturer dependent), I would recommend you communicate very clearly your expectations and desires. Your plastic surgeon will decide with you on the profile of the implant based on the breast width, your body shape, skin elasticity and thickness and native breast tissue present.  In my practice I usually explain the implant types, profile and rationale for using different implants/ profiles. I also use the a special sizing system pre-op and have patients try them inside a bra so they can get a sense of their look. I never tell them what size I have picked until they show me the "look" they REALLY desire by trying on the sizing system in our office. Then we sit down and evaluate "the look" they have chosen and see if it matches what I have chosen by measurements and physical exam.  It does make it both fun and is a healthier partnership between patients and the PS.  Speak with your plastic surgeon.

Picking an implant size is a process

+1

Your implant selection sounds about right.  I do not promise a patient a cup size because this is a ticket to disappointment.  It is best to look for a shape or contour that you like.  In our office we use the Vectra 3D imaging system.  This allows the patient to visualize their result prior to surgery.  In one year of use and over 100 breast augmentations I have had no patient complain of an implant size problem.

350c adds just under 1 1/2 cup sizes to whatever you started with!

+1

Cup sizes are so notoriously different between bra manufacturers, it is truly impossible to use this as a reliable guideline in choosing appropriate implant sizes.

But I must first agree with Dr. Moliver!

At your size and weight, why are you considering saline implants? You will almost certainly have visible rippling, unnatural "feel" (at least compared to cohesive silicone gel), and have a risk of leak and deflation requiring re-operation that silicone gel implants do not have.

So why do (some) plastic surgeons recommend saline implants? Either they have not caught up with the scientific evidence that silicone gel implants do NOT cause autoimmune illnesses, or they think that a 2-3mm shorter incision is less visible than the 2-3mm longer one, or they like the profit margin on the (much) lower cost of saline implants.

You really should consider submuscular silicone gel implants in the 400 cc+ size range. "Full C" is different depending on whichever bra manufacturer's product is being worn; you should try on implants in a bra and stretchy top and see what looks best, then allow your surgeon to add 50-75cc to this volume to give you the same "look" when in your body underneath your muscles.

"Fake" is caused by too-narrow (high profile) implants and too much projection with a dose of capsular contracture thrown in. This is most commonly a result of blunt dissection surgery, use of a drain (needed because of "sloppy surgery"), and poor surgical technique allowing bleeding or bacterial contamination.

Choose silicone for the softest and most natural feel; choose the size based on photographic goals and trying on implants in a bra and stretchy top. Best wishes! Dr. Tholen

Web reference: http://www.mpsmn.com/breast-procedures/breast-augmentation

Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

350 cc and an "A" cup

+1

A good rough test to figure out cup size for you would be to try the baggy test with the volume and try on different bras. No two bra companies manufacturer their bras the same way.

+1

Cup sizes are arbitrary and depend on the manufacturer.  But my concern is using saline implants in such a lean body.  As you probably know, the main advantage of silicone implants is they feel more natural.  Being that you do not seem to have much tissue that will cover the implant, I would not recommend saline implants because they will feel like a water balloon under your breasts.  At any rate 350-375 cc, by most standards would probably make you a B or small C cup.

IMPLANT SIZE

+1

Without more detailed information it is difficult to say what size you will end up.  Photos and measurements would be helpful.  However I do think this will put you in the C cup range.

Web reference: http://www.toddbkochmd.com

Buffalo Plastic Surgeon

Dear Ms. 34A Cup

+1

My first response to you is why in the world are you choosing a saline implant??? You sound pretty lean from your measurements. Your current breast size is quite petite. Your bigger and more important question should be "how soon will my implants be visible medially and inferior laterally?"  and "how soon should I expect to have palpable and probably visible rippling?" Obviously I can't be be 100% sure without an exam, but from your numbers I would counsel against saline. Now on to your first question.

What size will you be? The correct answer is.... Who knows? Go to Victoria's Secret if you want to be a cup size bigger than you are. The best way to do this is to try on the implants in a tank top with a bra built in. Look in the mirror  If you like what you see then that plus 10-15% is what you should get.

Sometimes the answer you get isn't for the question you asked, but it may be helpful anyway. Good luck Ms 34A wanting to be a full C.