I Would Like to Know if the Price for Rhinoplasty and a Chin Implant is Reasonable or if I Could Get It for Cheaper?

I've been to one consultation thus far and have another one coming up shortly. The first consultation I went to wasn't the greatest experience. I was told that the rhinoplasty would be about $6,500 which is fine, but I was told that I should also get a chin implant as well for about $3,000. Now isn't 3,000 a little to much for a chin implant or no? I would just like to know if that is the average price or not. I live in Detroit, Michigan.

What Is The Average Cost Of A Chin Implant?

+2

I think $3,000 for a chin implant is somewhere between average and inexpensive.  If you are doing the chin with the nose and getting them both for about $9,500, I would say that is right in line with the average cost across the country.  

You stated that your experience during your consultation wasn't the greatest.  Hopefully, each plastic surgeon and each plastic surgeon's office put their best foot forward during a consultation.  Therefore, if your experience was less than stellar when you first met this plastic surgeon, imagine what would happen after the surgery when you have reasonable questions, and especially if anything goes wrong.   

Plastic surgery is a very personal experience, much more so than getting new brake pads for your car.  You need to get a warm and fuzzy from both your plastic surgeon and his or her office staff.  Surgery doesn't end at surgery.  It requires not only good surgery, but great patient care pre and post operatively.  If your first experience with a plastic surgeon is not positive, it is imperative that you seek other opinions.   

Honolulu Plastic Surgeon

+2

While price is usually a factor, the price quoted is not unreasonable.  You may be able to find these two surgeries for a cheaper price, but I would shop for quality.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of rhinoplasties each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Cost for Rhinoplasty and Chin Augmentation?

+2

The charges you mentioned seem reasonable. Be careful about trying to “get it for cheaper”;  the best quality work isn't usually the cheapest.

Rhinoplasty and Chin Implant

+2

The cost you mentioned for Rhinoplasty and Chin Implant is reasonable.  Be sure to seek a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon that you have a good rapport with.  Price shopping should not be the issue when you are seeking surgery.

Robert E. Zaworski, MD

Rhinoplasty and chin implant

+1

It is more important to get the best results rather than look at best price.  Pick your surgeon based on the results of what he/she has demonstrated competency in, rather than price. The prices quoted seems to be an average price for the procedures.  Our prices are posted the  website below for you to compare.  Please see the link below for examples of rhinoplasty and chin implant procedure combination in our practice

Price for Rhinoplasty and a Chin Implant is Reasonable or if I Could Get It for Cheaper?

+1

I have been a facial plastic and cosmetic surgeon for over 23 years and in my opinion, the number one mistake patients make is using a cheap price as their determining factor in selecting their surgeon.  You should instead make your selection based upon the surgeon's ability to understand and follow the proper aesthetics of facial beauty for the creation of a naturally more attractive face.  Hope this helps you in your quest for a Rhinoplasty and Chin Augmentation with a Chin Implant.

Combining rhinoplasty and chin implantation

+1

The total costs you mention seem reasonable (I presume this includes anesthesia and operating room fees). There are pretty wide variations in fees based on region of the country and surgeon experience, etc.

The more important thing is to make sure that you're comfortable with your surgeon and surgeon's team. The best results don't necessarily come from someone with the cheapest price.

You can read more about combining chin augmentation surgery with rhinoplasty at my web reference link below.

Thomas A. Lamperti, MD

Rhinoplasty and chin implant

+1

Chin implant and rhinoplasty is often combined to balance the face.The fees will vary around the country. Remember if you look for the best price it may not always give you the best result.

+1

The prices that you mention do not seem unreasonable. However, if your first consultation experience "was not the greatest" I'd recommend seeking additional consults. RealSelf discourages promotion of specific surgeons but UM has three highly-qualified, experienced and very caring Facial Plastic Surgeons who would treat you very well. They all work in the Livonia office which is relatively close to you. I hope this information is helpful.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS

Weber Facial Plastic Surgery

Stephen Weber, MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Price for Rhinoplasty and Chin Implant Reasonable?

+1

It is difficult to comment on the price of your rhinoplasty without knowing exactly what needs to be done but the cost does seem to be reasonable.