I Would Like Other Plastic Surgeons Opinions on Rhinoplasty Results? (photo)

I went to a consultation about a month ago and the surgeon showed me what he could do to change my profile. I do like the results; however, I feel like more could still be done to improve it. I know I can't get a cute little button nose because the nose I have now could never be how I exactly want it. But I do want it to be as small as it could be without it looking fake or unnatural. I also know that I will need a chin implant. I would really appreciate everyone's opinions and ideas.

Virtual rhinoplasty imaging second opinion

+2

Virtual rhinoplasty imaging is very important for  communication with  your surgeon to determine your goals and  your surgeon's goals for surgery. It is also important to have a frank discussion with your surgeon on what he/ she can really accomplish with your nose. The imaging results  show a overly projected nose and under projected chin.  Virtual rhinoplasty software is also available on  our website below, but try it from the side, the three-quarter, and the frontal views.    Please see the link below for examples of rhinoplasty and chin implant combination performed our practice and how we have addressed the over and under projection of the nose and chin.

Tip position in computer image

+2

From my aesthetic perspective, the tip needs to be de-projected and de-rotated in order to have a softer and more elegant look.The picture is very small, but it seems to me that the tip is over-projected(too far from the base of the nose) and over-rotated (think of the angle of the tip from the base of the nose). 

Andres Bustillo, MD, FACS
Miami Facial Plastic Surgeon

I Would Like Other Plastic Surgeons Opinions on Rhinoplasty Results?

+2

It is hard to give specific advice based on a single profile view but your nose does still appear to be over-projected and your chin is slightly deficient. The tip of your nose could be brought back closed to your cheeks (deprojected) which would also involve reducing the bridge a little bit more. A small chin implant would also add more balance to your lower face. If you trust the surgeon you consulted with and feel that the video-imaging shows a nose that is still too large you might want to ask about further de-projection and small chin implant. Both would contribute to the appearance of a smaller, more balanced nose. I hope this information is helpful.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS

Weber Facial Plastic Surgery

Stephen Weber, MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty and chin implant on the computer.

+2

Your results done on a computer are good marketing but you need to know what the surgeon can do on real people. You need a rhinoplasty and chin implant but u have a very short upturned nose that should not be shortened. See a very experienced rhinoplasty surgeon who can show u noses like yours that he has done. 

Achieving harmonious facial proportions

+1

Every patient and surgeon's ideal aesthetic will differ somewhat, and is a very personal and subjective preference.  I do believe de-projecting the tip of your nose (bringing your tip closer to your face) and a chin augmentation would help to better balance your features and give you a more attractive profile  

Donald B. Yoo, MD

+1

You NEED to request a shorter nose result so the imaging can be adapted to show you that result possibility. 

+1

The goal is reasonable, but the tip can be deprojected as well if that is your desire.  A chin implant can be placed at the same time.   Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of rhinoplasties each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Rhinoplasty

+1

It is hard to make a make a recommendation based on your photo. You should consider seeking a couple of opinions, with examination prior to surgery.

Robert E. Zaworski, MD

Rhinoplasty Results

+1

It is difficult to make recommendations on the basis of one picture of your nose but after examining you I may recommend augmenting your radix and slightly decreasing your tip projection.