Will 400 Cc High Profile Implants Be Suitable for my Frame? (photo)

I'm 5'4 120 llbs and currently a 34a. I am considering 400 cc implants. I also was thinking 350cc implants looked nice too with the sizers on but I don't want to regret going too small. I also liked how other women looked in pics with 400 cc. I just am afraid of them looking too big or not natural. I want to be a 34c or small d.

Implant Selection Process

+1

In order to make an accurate size recommendation, I would need to assess your chest wall and breast mound measurements and characteristics.  Unfortunately, there is not a general rule of thumb or objective criteria to implant selection.
Your plastic surgeon will perform several measurements of your chest wall and breast anatomy and determine a range of implants that both fit your chest wall and reach your desired goals.
The next step is to try on this range of implants in the office with your doctor.   The key to this success is showing your surgeon the body proportion you desire with a bra sizer and allowing your surgeon to guide you to the right implant.   It will be much easier to communicate in implant cc's than cup size when determining the appropriate implant for you.
I wish you a safe recovery and fantastic result.
Dr. Gill

Will 400cc work for your frame?

+1

400cc implants could look great on you.  I consider two factors when selecting implants for my patients:

1.Dimensional planning
2.Gel Implant Sizing system

Dimensional planning – The measurements of your chest wall are taken. Also, the breast dimensions including the height, width, and current dimensions of each breast form the basis of dimensional planning. Based on these measurements, the implant size is recommended. This will give you a unique breast implant that is suited for your body frame. However, there are some limitations of what size we can recommend. For instance, some implants may just be too big for a narrow chest wall. Your surgeon can review this with you during the consultation.

Gel Implant Sizing system – During the preliminary breast implant consultation, you will be provided with an option to “try on” a variety of implant shapes and sizes. You can also visualize the possible outcomes of your surgery which helps you to get that perfect size to give you the shape that you longed for. This way your preferences are known and you can then pick a range of implants that will “fit” just right to give a soft natural fuller look.  If you have decided on saline implants, then based on the gel sizer you select, we can guide you to the saline implant that achieves a similar look.
Hope this helps.
Dr. Basu
Houston, TX

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS

They will look great!

+1

In my experience, the women that pick around 250 are sometimes dissappointed with size but I think 400 is aggressive enough and you will not regret the decision. I suggest using the Mentor Sizing System which I use with all my patients to determine the best size.

Joshua B. Hyman, MD

Implant size and high profile implants

+1

Hi,  I think you are choosing a really nice size for your frame.  I would go for the 400 cc implant only because it is merely 50 cc's (just over 3 tablespoons) and you then will know that you chose just a little larger of an implant but very little extra.   If you ask augmented patients how they feel about the implants they chose, if there is a complaint, it will be that they did not go large enough.  Of course, there is a line that is drawn but not when you are choosing from a 350 or 400 cc implant.  Add your breast volume to the implants being discussed and you will understand that these implants in your body are just about the same in visual appearance.

Steven M. Lynch, MD
Albany Plastic Surgeon

400cc high profile?

+1

I think this would look very nice on you. I think you will achieve the results you wish. But rather than focusing on the type of implant profile or the number of cc's or bra cup size (with is inaccurate and manufacturer dependent), I would recommend you communicate very clearly your expectations and desires. Your plastic surgeon will decide with you on the profile of the implant based on the breast width, your body shape, skin elasticity and thickness and native breast tissue present.  In my practice I usually explain the implant types, profile and rationale for using different implants/ profiles. I also use the a special sizing system pre-op and have patients try them inside a bra so they can get a sense of their look. I never tell them what size I have picked until they show me the "look" they REALLY desire by trying on the sizing system in our office. Then we sit down and evaluate "the look" they have chosen and see if it matches what I have chosen by measurements and physical exam.  It does make it both fun and is a healthier partnership between patients and the PS.  Speak with your plastic surgeon.

Raj S. Ambay, MD

Will 400 Cc High Profile Implants Be Suitable for my Frame?

+1

Besides the choice of size you need to understand you have asymmetry as seen on the posted photos. Be aware. 

400 cc implants and frame

+1

The only way to properly select implants for you would be to see you in person. 400 cc implants can look great in some and be too big in others. 

Choosing an implant size

+1

The best way to choose implants that fit your frame and will look good in the long term is to base the size on the dimensions of your chest and existing breast tissue.  I prefer to use higher profile implants in patients with narrow chests, but in patients who have similar body types to yours (thin with a narrow chest), the trade-off to using larger, high profile implants is that you will see the upper edge of the implant much more easily.  Some women like that, some don't.  In my opinion, that is not a "natural" look, if that's what your goal is.  However, that is a decision that you need to make with your surgeon after discussing all of your options.

Jason J. Hall, MD, FACS

400 cc high profile implants??

+1

I would recommend you get a consultation from a board certified plastic surgeon if you did not have one already. Then have measurements made of your base diameter of your breasts. That will guide the surgeon to recommend either moderate plus, or high profile implants.

Look on line at the different types of implants available and the sizing result of patients who start with your volume and see what you like. I find the high profile too projecting, and like the mod plus more. I use the HP only when a very narrow chested woman wants a very large implant.

Good luck.

Rick Rosen, MD
Norwalk Plastic Surgeon

+1

Unfortunately, cup sizes are not particularly helpful, since there are no uniform definitions. 

I find that trying on implants is far more helpful, and use that to help choose the implants to be used at surgery. Goal photos can be helpful, particularly with patients of similar body frame to yours. 

One guideline many surgeons observe is to avoid implants wider than the patient's breast. That measurement is not posted, but may give sensible limitations to the size you might choose. 

When you are ready for an in person consultation, RealSelf has listings of surgeons in your area. You should consider cross referencing the listings from the The American Society of Plastic Surgeons (plasticsurgery dot org). A listing in the ASPS website assures you that your surgeon is not only board certified,  but also is a member in good standing of the major plastic surgery organization in the U. S. Thank you for your question, best wishes.