1 Month After Mastopexy with Implants I want to do a Detox and Start Working Out, Recommended?

Hello, A month ago,I had mastopexy with augmentation. I had general anestesia and for 3 weeks I took 2 types of painkillers and antibiotics (I also got the flu with bronchitis and I had to take some other medecines for some relief...). I stopped taking any medecine last week and withing the next couple of weeks I would like to start a detox program(as well as my daily gym workout) to be able to get rid of all the toxins I've accumulated. What type of detox program would you recommend?Thank you.

Detoxing and Working Out After Mastopexy with Implants

+1

One should wait at least 3-4 weeks before significantly increasing your exercise program after augmentation/mastopexy. Consult with your breast surgeon before proceeding with a full exercise program.

Detox after mastopexy

+1

Hi!

You do not need a detox for the anesthesia, painkillers, and
antibiotics. I agree with Dr. Minniti that most detox programs
actually prohibit you from receiving the nutrients you need. If you
decide that you really would like to go along with a detox, I would
consult with a Registered Dietitian or Nutritionist who can help you
with a specific program that would be most beneficial for you
personally.

Good luck!

Dr. Sam Speron

Detox??

+1

Narcotics, antibiotics, and anesthetics are not generally considered toxic.  It is true that some are fat soluble and take longer to leach from the body, but no detox program, regardless what anyone says, performs any such function.  Even things that are truly toxic like alcohol, the organic compounds produced by incomplete combustion (smoking), and some illicit drugs are unaffected by detox programs.  Fortunately, your body has the ability to do this on its own, and all you have to do is treat it right: adequate nutrition, sleep, moderate exercise, and avoidance of the things we all know aren't so good for us.

I am a yoga student, and I have heard it all in the way of detox programs.  Most have no function, other than to prevent adequate nutrition.  It is amazing how people love them though, and this is known as the placebo effect.

If your surgeon says you are ready, start your exercise again. I'm sure that alone will make you feel like your old self!

Web reference: http://www.drminniti.com

Detox after breast surgery

+1

You did not clarify if you are planing to detox from drinking alcohol, smoking or other substances or you meant just clearing your body from the medications you were taking. From my understanding it was from the medications and your flu?

All is needed is a well balanced diet with the right amount of nutrients, vitamins, protein etc. drinking the right amount of fluids and light physical activity till you are healed.

Detox from alcohol or other substances should be done with guidance from a professional trained in the field!

Best of luck to you!

Web reference: http://www.talroudnerplasticsurgery.com/breastaugmentation.php

Coral Gables Plastic Surgeon

Detox after Breast Surgery?

+1

I generally do not recommend a “detox” program;  the medications that you have been using with clear from your system without intervention. 

I do recommend, that if you do choose to “detox”,  that you do so  under the guidance of a well-trained physician who specializes in this area.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/Procedure_breastLiftAug.htm