What Determines the Length of Time for Sculptra to Work?

What determines the length of time for Sculptra to work? I have been reading that it brings results within a couple of months (http://www.sculptraaesthetic.com/consumer/how-does-sculptra-aesthetic-work.aspx) What are the factors that make this process shorter or longer?

Many factors determine the time it takes Sculptra to work.

+1

Many factors effect the timeit takes Sculptra to work. Typically it takes 2-6 months. Individuals who have collagen that is easily stimulated because it has not been damamged by the sun, wind or chemicals can typically respond faster. I have seen dramatic differences in response rates in patients who use topical Retin A.

How long does it take for Sculptra to work

+1

Sculptra treatment causes an increase in volume that is extremely gradual, starting 3 months after the first injection and achieving a maximum effect at approximately 5 to 6 months post injection. Sculptra is gradually degraded into water and carbon dioxide over approximately 9 to 24 months. Newly formed collagen remains and the cosmetic augmentation has been noted to last up to at least 24 months. The amount of correction you get will depend on your ability to make new collagen. This is a function that gradually decreases with age.

Mitchell Schwartz, MD
South Burlington Dermatologic Surgeon