What Determines the Cost of Cheek and Chin Implants?

I know they range from about 2-4k. I just want to know what determines he cost. I am looking to have this procedure done in conjunction with cheek implants. I would like to know the average cost of that procedure as well and if it would be best cost wise to have done together. I am looking for a doctor in the sacramento area. Thanks !

What Determines Cosmetic Surgery Cost?

+1

The cost of any plastic surgery procedure is dictated by a few fairly consistent variables: A) the Surgeon, B) the location, and C) the ancillary costs. Surgeons tend to set the cost of their time (for example $2000 per hour) and this is typically higher in larger metropolitan areas. Ancillary costs are the fees associated with the safe administration of anesthesia, the operating room and nursing costs, and the cost of supplies (for example, your chin & cheek implants).  Since fees are based on time, the longer and more involved the case, the higher the surgeon's fees and the higher the ancillary expenses. (Implants themselves only cost about $250-350 per implant, so your implants are only a minor portion of your overall fees.) Hope this helps!  -Dr. Capone 

Baltimore Facial Plastic Surgeon

Cost of cheeks and chin implants

+1

Cosmetic surgical procedures have three components: surgical fee, anesthesia fee and facility fee. In my practice, I do both procedures at the same time under sedational anesthesia so that cost is not extra but is included in the surgical fee. The approximate cost for surgical fee is $5,000.- including the cost of the implant, the facility fee, approx. 1,500.- Fees, of course, will vary by location and practice.

Andrew Pichler, MD
Sacramento Facial Plastic Surgeon

Cheek and chin implant costs.

+1

In my office the cost to do combined cheek and chin implants done with oral sedation and local anesthesia would be about $7500. You would need to add another $500 for implant costs.....all else is included.

Richard Galitz, MD, FACS
Miami Facial Plastic Surgeon

Cheek and chin implants costs

+1

Surgical procedures are broken into three categories in my practice. First the surgeons fee. Secondly the operating room costs which I add in the expense of implants. Third the anesthesia fee. These groups of fees vary from surgeon to surgeon and geographic location as well. I do offer complimentary consultations as do many surgeons which allows patients the ability to see comparative fees and other patients post operative results for the procedures desired. Best regards, Michael V. Elam, M.D.

Michael Elam, MD

Chin and Cheek Implant Costs

+1

Thank you for the question. The cost of any procedure can be thought of as 1) the surgeon's fees; 2) the operating room or facility fees; and 3) anesthesia charges, if applicable. For chin and cheek implants, there are also costs associated with buying the implants. Lastly, quotes will vary based on the geographic area (some cities are more expensive than others) and the surgeon's experience. It is often helpful to see a few consults to compare services and and techniques.

Evan Ransom, MD
Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

Cost of cheek and chin implants in same session

+1

The cost would be between $8,000 and $10,000 ifdone together. The quotes you have are very low, but if they are done by an experienced surgeon in acredited facilities, you are getting a great deal. The total cost should include surgeon's fees, operating room charges, anesthesia charges , operating supplies and the cost of the implants themselves. Contributing to operating overhead expenses are rent, facility and professional liability insurance, salaries for skilled personnel, cost and maintenance of equipment, administrative salaries, etc.  Having the procedures done together should give you some saving , but more important you would have a single convalescent period.

Sheldon S. Kabaker, MD
Oakland Facial Plastic Surgeon

Cost of cosmetic surgery procedure?

+1
The cost of any procedure depends on expenses of the surgery, which include cost of implant if any, surgery center or hospital expenses, anethesia and anesthesiologist cost and surgeon's fee. Any of these variablrs can affect the cost of surgery including the location.

Mohsen Tavoussi, MD, DO
Huntington Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon