How is It Determined if a Patient is Too Heavy for a BBL?

Hello I am 5'6" 215lbs though I am solid( athlectic) I am still substantially over my idea weight. How is it determined if a patient is to overweight for the BBL surgery?

BMI is the best indicator

+3

Confident Beauty:

The best indicator is body mass index. I see the best results in patients whose BMI is less than 32. At 5'6" and 215 lbs yours is 34.8

Of course a physical exam would help determine if the location and quality of your fat is ideal to get the best result.

Hope this helps,

Dr. Michael in Miami

Candidacy for BBL

+1

You will benefit from weight loss before considering any surgical procedures.  A physical exam is needed to make any formal recommendations.  Each doctor uses different criteria.  In addition to the physical exam evaluating where the fat is distributed, a common thing that is looked at is your BMI (body mass index).  

The BBL procedure involves harvest fat from areas of your body where there is excess fat and injecting that fat carefully into the central zone of your buttock. In addition, it involves liposculpting the buttock to facilitate a more rounded look. The common donor sites for this procedure is your posterior waist/flanks, lateral thighs, back, waist, and anterior tummy. Please visit with a board certified plastic surgeon to learn more about your options.

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS

Brazilian Butt Lift

+1

If you are over-weight for your height, and your BMI is high you are overweight.

You will get the best results with BBL at or around your ideal weight