I Am Trying to Determine Whether I Need a Mini or a Full Tummy Tuck? (photo)

A full tummy tuck is likely your best option.

+1

Thank you for your question and the photos.

To be sure, see two or more board-certified plastic surgeons in your area for a full and complete evaluation to make sure you are a good candidate and that it is safe for you to have surgery. I hope this helps.

Tummy tuck

+1

You definitely  need the full tummy tuck. In fact in your case it's not even a marginal call.  Mini tummy tuck?  A total waste of time and money.

Ronald J. Edelson, MD

Mini or full tummy tuck

+1

Your photos reveal significant skin laxity.  A full tummy tuck would probably give you a better result.  Donald R. Nunn MD   Atlanta Plastic Surgeon.

Donald Nunn, MD

Mini or ful Tummy Tuck

+1

You appear to have skin laxity and accumulation of fat below and under your belly button.  This excess skin and fat won't be adress with a mini tummy tuck. You will get a optimal result  with a full tummy tuck with liposuction to thin your waist line.  Thanks for submitting your pictures, best of luck.

Christina Bernier, MD
Montreal Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck, mini or full ?

+1

Thank you for posting the pictures. It appears that you have accumulation of fat and excess skin in the upper, lower and pubic area which become more pronounced in " diving" position and woud not disappear in " beach chair position ". A mini tummy tuck or any other limited operation is not going to address your concerns. Additional liposuction/liposelection will improve the results significantly if is performed simoultaneously.

Fereydoon S. Mahjouri, MD
Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

Mini or a Full Tummy Tuck?

+1

You do appear to have skin laxity and other issues above the belly button as well as below, and since a mini tummy tuck has no effect above the belly button, you would probably need a full tummy tuck. A full examination would be needed to assess this with any degree of accuracy. It also appears from your photos that you have a fair amount of subcutaneous fat filling out your skin, and this will limit the amount of tightening and flattening of the tummy that you will achieve.  There is some difference of opinion as to the safety of performing full and aggressive liposuction contouring to your abdomen at the same time as a full tummy tuck (in terms of interfering with the blood supply to the skin), and in my opinion it would be best to undergo full liposuction of the abdomen and hips/flanks at an initial stage and a full tummy tuck a few months later when things have settled.  (The hips and flanks generally redrape sufficiently so that skin excision is not needed here.)

Robert M. Grenley, MD

Mini or a Full Tummy Tuck?

+1

A mini-TT will only treat the excess skin and fat and the abdominal wall laxity that is present below the navel.A patient who is a good candidate is an uncommon one. An example of on would be a young slender women with strong abdominal muscles who has loose skin overhanging a c-section incision.

Your photos demonstrate excess tissue above and below the navel. Just treating the lower half of the abdomen would create an imbalanced look that would likely seem less attractive than the pre-op status. 

You also should consider treatment around the flanks. Liposuction might work part or the way around the back.

Thanks for the question and the photos. Best wishes.

Mini or Full Tummy Tuck

+1

Without question, you should be considering a ful tummy tuck with liposuction of your waist. From the photos, it appears that you have excess skin through the entire abdomen and a mini will not leave you with a substantial result. I would recommend you consult with a board certified plastic surgeon to get a formal opinion.

Vincent Marin, MD

Vincent P. Marin, MD

Trying to Determine Whether I Need a #MiniTummyTuck or a #FullTummy Tuck? ANS:

+1

I would do a full TT in your case with abdominal liposuction as well...I don't think you are tight enough in the upper abdomen to be happy with just a mini...But if your goal is only to fit and feel better in clothing and not worry about a bathing suit, then you might want to just do aggressive Lipo, understanding that you would have some waviness to your skin afterward...

John J. Corey, MD
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

A full tummy tuck would be a better option for you

+1

Only a small segment of women desiring abdominal contouring are actually good candidates for mini tummy tuck.  A mini tummy tuck is ideal for women whose abdomen looks very good from the area including the belly button and higher and have a small amount of isolated excess tissue down by their pubic bone.  I would steer you towards a full tummy tuck along with liposuction of the abdomen and flanks as your best result.

Dr Remus Repta

Remus Repta, MD