How Can I Determine if a Lift Was Done with Implant Removal? (photo)

I had 25 year old, 385 g silicon implants removed, with lift, 12 weeks ago. I am questioning if the lift was done. How do you determine that a lift was done? Are these photos indicative of a lift?

Was a lift done?

+2

I would definitely recommend talking to your plastic surgeon.  From the photos, it looks as though a circumareolar lift may have been done (if you have a "donut" scar all the way around the areola.  To achieve more skin reduction and more of a lift, it will likely require removing more skin through a vertical +/- an  inframammary fold incision.   Talk with your doctor about what was done, what he or she expects with the healing process, and what your expectations were/are.

Good luck!

Michelle Spring, MD

Surgical procedures completed?

+2

I would advise a discussion with your plastic surgeon as to what was done during the surgery.  You can also request a copy of your Operative Report which should detail what procedures were completed during your surgery.  Good luck.

Mennen T. Gallas, MD
Katy Plastic Surgeon

Lift or no lift done?

+1
If a lift was done, it was not enough to shape your breast nicely.  You should go back to your surgeon and see if he/she could do more.  Usually in a case like yours, a very pleasing shape can be achieved with a lift.  There will be additional scars but the shape improvement should make the scars a very reasonable tradeoff.

Lisa L. Sowder, MD