Is it Possible to Make Muscular Arms Smaller?

I've had pretty muscular arms my whole life ( I've had it from my dad) and I hate because I'm uncomfortable wearing sleeveless shirt and dresses. I also feel like it makes me look less feminine. Is there any surgeon out there who can alter the look of my arms and make it look more full and woman-like? Thanks.

Better looking arms

+2

Even though your arms are muscular there may be some fatty tissue on the back and lower sides that could be sculpted.  See a board cerified plastic surgeon to see if you have any operative possibilities.  Good luck!

Worcester Plastic Surgeon

Desire for less muscular arms

+2

There is no treatment to reduce true muscle size. If you have some fat on your arms, than the fat can be removed but you now risk having more muscle definition. If you are thin and have strong biceps and triceps then there is nothing that can be done to cover this. It is hard to recommend anything to you without photos. Sometimes we have to accept things that we cannot change. All the best. 

David R. Stephens, MD

Muscle Reduction Surgery Could Cause Complications

+1

In theory, muscles can be surgically reduced, but this isn’t a commonly performed surgical procedure for a variety of reasons. This procedure has the potential for significant complications. In addition, this type of procedure might adversely impact arm function. For these reasons, most plastic surgeons agree that upper arm muscle reduction isn’t a good idea and as a result, they don’t perform this procedure.

In some cases, alternative procedures may occasionally be helpful when arm reduction is desired. Under these circumstances brachioplasty and liposuction might be effective in some cases.

If you’re concerned about upper arm contour, consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon is appropriate. This surgeon should be able to formulate a treatment plan that’s appropriate for your problem. 

Richard J. Bruneteau, MD
Omaha Plastic Surgeon

Making Muscular Arms Smaller

+1

Unless you have almost no body fat, the arms can be made smaller.  As a bodybuilder, I do see people at 4% bodyfat who do not have enough fat to liposuction.  However, these represent a small fraction of a percent of patients.  Find the plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of liposuction procedures each year.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Possible to reduce arms that are too muscular?

+1

It would be difficult to answer this question without photos and examining you. Muscle tissue cannot be reduced, but it may be possible to contour the arms in such a way to make them appear less muscular. See a board certified plastic surgeon to discuss your concerns and see if there is anything possible to soften the look of your arms

Marialyn Sardo, MD
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon