Desperate for Help with Tired Eyes. Do I Qualify for Upper & Lower Blepharoplasty at 32? (photo)

Please someone tell me if I am a suitable for an upper and lower blepharoplasty, or what other surgery suggestions you have for my heavy puffy eyelids & my under eyebags & wrinkles? (would transconjunctivital work?) I have an active job & I also race mountainbikes, I just wish my eyes reflected how vibrant I feel inside, instead I look tired, unwell & aged (I am 32). I have had 3 unsuccessful consultations and now wondering if its hopeless. I live near London but would travel anywhere in UK.

Blepharoplasty at age 32 years

+2

You can benefit from upper and lower blepharoplasty and perhaps ptosis surgery as well.  So yes you can have surgery at 32 years old but it is important for things to be done in a natural way.  See an oculoplastic surgeon.

Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon

Benefit Of Upper And Lower Blepharoplasties At Age 32

+2

I do not know what you mean by unsuccessful consultations when you are such an obvious candidate for blepharoplasty surgery, even at your young age. You have excess upper eyelid skin and herniated lower eyelid fat which is giving you a tired look. You would do well with a skin only excisional upper blepharoplasty and a lower transconjunctival blepharoplasty for fat removal. 

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

Upper and lower lid blepharoplasty

+2

Your photos do suggest that you may benefit from an upper and lower blepharoplasty, but an exam in person is essential.

Tired Eyes

+2

In looking at your photographs I think that you would do well to have both an upper and lower eyelid blepharoplasty even though you are relatively young.  You would appear to be a reasonable candidate for a transconjunctival blepharoplasty.

Michael Sundine, MD

Upper and Lower Eyelid Surgery Candidate

+2

upper and lower eyelid puffyness as seen in your case can be removed with upper and lower blepharoplasty when performed by a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.

S. Sean Younai, MD, FACS

Eyelid surgery in your 30's

+2

I think your concerns are valid, and fullness around the eyes can certainly convey a tired appearance. Our eyelid features are genetic, and although you are young, I think it would be appropriate to have a conservative upper and lower blepharoplasty. 

A transconjunctival approach is what I would recommend, and would suggest a chemical peel to the lower eyelid skin at the same time to treat the fine wrinkles and crepiness of the skin.

-Dr. Jamil Asaria

FACE Toronto

Jamil Asaria, MD
Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon

Indications for Blepharoplasty

+2

Unless there is something in your history that precludes you from having eyelid surgery, there is no obvious reason that you couldn't have cosmetic eyelid surgery. Age is generally not a significant factor in blepharoplasty. You have prominent fat bags both upper and lower lids. Your lowers could be done through the transconjunctival approach and the uppers with conservative skin resection fat removal and no  muscle resection. Your request for surgery is a legitimate one.

Paul S. Howard, MD
Birmingham Plastic Surgeon

Upper and Lower Eyelid Surgery Candidate?

+1

From the pictures posted, upper and lower eyelid surgery should be able to address loose skin of the upper eyelid and the herniated fat of the lower eyelid.  Find the plastic surgeon with the best credentials to perform the surgery for you.

Am I too young for a blepharoplasty?

+1

Dear Roostdh

As a UK plastic surgeon, based inTunbridge Wells, I agree with my US colleagues who have already answered your question.

I certainly think that a good first approach (based on your photographs alone), would be a transconjunctival lower blepharoplasty and a conservative upper skin-only blepharoplasty.

Your age, per se, is not what matters - it is the appearance of your eyes and the way your skin and fat has behaved.

I would be delighted to see you in person for an opinion.

Good luck with whatever you choose to do

Marc Pacifico, MD, FRCS(Plast)
London Plastic Surgeon