Desperate for Help with Eyelid/canthal Reconstruction?

I have multiple problems with both eyelids & surrounding tissue due to 3 previous attempts at revisions. It started as a minor "skin pinch" only bleph. I had a minor retraction slanting down at the corners. The 2ndsurgeon did a tarsal strip procedure cutting off at least 5mm of my lower lid margin. The 3rd surgeon did a canthoplasty with Enduragen spacers which left me with agonizing pain, terrible scars and my lower lids too HIGH on my iris. I need my lower lids dropped and margins lengthended.

Eyelid Trouble

+1

Repetitive reconstructive eyelid surgery may not be the answer for you at this time, but a consultation with Dr. Norman Shorr (Oculoplastic Cosmetic Surgeon) of Beverly Hills might be helpful.

San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Be patient!

+1

Although it is possible that you may need revision surgery, you should avoid the temptation to go under the knife again too soon. You have not mentioned when the last surgery was performed.

When Enduragen is used to raise the lower eyelids [retraction repair], a certain amount of over-correction is planned, as the Enduragen will contract during the healing phase. Your eyelids will drop down with time.

I would hold off on any additional surgery for about 1 year. Operating over and over again on the same site can have a counterproductive effect.

A.J. Amadi, MD
Seattle Oculoplastic Surgeon

Revisional eyelid surgery

+1

You have a difficult multioperated eyelid problem, but it can be improved. Consult an oculoplastic surgeon with experience in revisional eyelid surgery.

Mehryar (Ray) Taban, MD, FACS
Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon

This is a difficult problem, I would see an expert

+1

I am sorry you are having discomfort and are unhappy with your results.  In patients requiring multiple revision surgeries on the eyes, you need to see an expert that has experience with your situation.  I trained with a excellent oculoplastic (eye plastic) surgeon that routinly did these non-routine cases.  I would recommend you see a oculoplastic surgeon with that experience.  The surgeon I would recommend is Dr. Guy Massry who is located in Beverly Hills.

Jonathan Kulbersh, MD
Charlotte Facial Plastic Surgeon