Desperate: extreme swelling and grueling pain 16 days post breast reduction surgery? (photo)

41yo CFF/Fibromyalgia patient with100EE size breasts. 14 days breast reduction post-op. Couldn't loos as much weight as expected; doctor performed a light liposuction in the side of my breasts. Drains removed after 24hrs. Shape is fine but now I have huge rolls and swelling under my armpits and sides. Stitches busted open and there is leakage. The pain is still agonizing (even clothes hurt); swelling is increasing. Is this normal? Will swelling decrease? Do I need drains to be inserted again?

Desperate: extreme swelling and grueling pain 16 days post breast reduction surgery?

+1

I am sorry to hear about the significant discomfort your experiencing after breast reduction surgery. Unfortunately, online consultants, despite best intentions, will not be able to provide you with specific enough advice and/or reassurance. Only your plastic surgeon, preferably after in person evaluation, will be able to do so.

Best wishes; hopefully, you will be pleased with the longer-term outcome of the procedure performed.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/Procedure_breastReduction.htm

Pain after reduction 16 days ago

+1

I think that if you have severe pain and drainage, you still may have fluid or even blood in there. It is best to be seen in person by your doctor to make sure you are not developing a problem.