I Desire Smaller Breasts if Possible. Is It Possible? (photo)

I get funny looks and a lot of talks to change my mind when I say I desire smaller breasts. My breasts are already very small, but I want the extra skin gone to give them a more youthful appearance (plus I think the look flat out funny the way they are). The first two pics are my breasts, the others are there to give an idea of the look i hope to accomplish. A very small, more normal look. Is it achievable? Than you for your time.

Even small breasts can be reduced.

+1

I'm not sure I would recommend removal of breast volume based on the pictures I see. A mastopexy can make the breast look more youthful. That operation is associated with incisions that the patient needs to be able to deal with.

Smaller breasts

+1

You are not a candidate for breast reduction as far as I am concerned.  If you try to lift them and do not get implants your breasts will look terrible.  If you are not willing to get implants, which is your choice, simply leave well enough alone.

Ronald J. Edelson, MD

Smaller tighter breasts

+1

Good morning!

Short answer is yes- smaller breasts are possible, but depending upon your skin and breast tissue, it may require breast lift incisions.

Sometimes smaller breast reductions can be performed quite nicely with liposuction only- it allows smaller breast volume with essentially no incisions.  Looking at your photos however it appears that you may need some skin excised as well- which requires extra incisions.

Your best advice is to go see a board certified plastic surgeon that can evaluate your tissues and give you the results you are looking for.

I hope this helps

Robert Steely, MD

Can Smaller Breasts be Treated to Look Rounder and Lifted?

+1

If a woman has small breasts and relatively loose skin, the appearance can be improved by tightening the skin and the internal breast tissue. In Europe where women often prefer not to be augmented, but still want a rounder lifted shape, Dr. Louis Benelli of France, developed an internal "criss-cross" mastopexy with a peri-areolar skin tightening back in the '90's. This approach or something similar could be used in your case to reduce the excess skin, tighten the skin envelope and get a rounder breast.  The decision to remove some breast tissue would be your option. 

The Benelli procedure makes use of flaps of lower breast tissue that are drawn over each other in opposite directions to give support and shape. These flaps can be made smaller to help in reducing the breast if desired. 

Robert M. Lowen, MD
Mountain View Plastic Surgeon

Smaller breasts

+1

I do not think that it is realistic to expect improvement in your shape by just taking a small amount to skin away from around your areola.  To make it as flat as the pictures, you will need a mastectomy.

I Desire Smaller Breasts if Possible. Is It Possible?

+1

Yes, this is certainly possible.  An incision around the areola with removal  of primarily skin will alter the apparent size of the breasts and lift the areola.   Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of breast lifts each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Goals Difficult to Achieve

+1

The best approach to what you want is a tightening of the skin envelope with a peri-areolar or donut breast lift.  The problem is that the quality of your skin and own breast tissues probably does not resemble the woman in the photo you want to look like, so that while you would be making your breasts smaller they would not have the youthful characteristics of the other woman's breasts.  

Even though you don't want it, I believe the best results for you would be obtained by doing the lift over a very small, low projection breast implant placed under the muscle.  This procedure would help tighten your breast envelope and give you a "tighter appearance" while only minimally changing your breast size.  You have to decide what's more important...just having smaller breasts or having beautifully shaped, youthful breasts...good luck!

Eric Sadeh, MD

Smaller breasts

+1

Thanks for your inquiry.  I am not sure you can achieve the look of the picture you should without a large amount of scars, but you could be tighter and smaller look with a peri-areolar mastopexy

Vishnu Rumalla, MD

Breast reduction to make it perky

+1

From the posted phptos, it look like that you have slightly excess skin for minimal breast tissues. In order to make it perky you could undergo a circumferential ( donut ) mastopexy. You may loose some sensation on the nipples and be prepared to accept scars around your areolas.

Fereydoon S. Mahjouri, MD
Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

Tightening breast skin on small breasts with minimal ptosis

+1

Your breast skin can certainly be tightened with a breast lift procedure. A plastic surgeon should be able to explain the procedure to you.  The downside of a breast lift on your breast are the scars.  If you are comfortable with the pattern of scars and incisions needed to perform the procedure then it is likely that your expectations can be met.