I Desire Multiple Procedures, How Would You Recommend the Sequence in Which They Should Be Performed and Why? Thank You

I want Tummy Tuck, Breast Lift/Augmentation, Lipo on Back, butt, arms, and Face/Neck lift. I have heard that it's best to get body work done before face...if this is true, why?

Organizing Multiple Surgeries

+1

Your rule of thumb is not true.  I would organize it in the following way.  

1.  Face/Neck first

2.  Liposuction of body

3.  Breast aug/lift and tummy tuck

Dr. ES

Multiple procedures

+1

There is no right or wrong answer in your case.  I usually tell the patient to do first the procedure they want the most.  If your face bothers you more than your body, do that one first.

Ronald J. Edelson, MD

Combining multiple procedures

+1

The length of the combined procedures is more important than the sequence of the procedures. This should be discussed in detail with your plastic surgeon before surgery. The tummy tuck/ breast/ lipo procedures can be combined and done in under six hours. Then, several months later, you can do the face/neck lift which can take anywhere from four to six hours. You could just as well do the facial surgery then the body procedures in the second stage, this is up to you and your surgeon. Each surgery should be kept to under six hours in duration.

Dr.Bruno

William Bruno, MD

Surgery order

+1

Hi WannaBbeautiful. I generally leave it up to the patient I try to do as much as possible in one go, depending on the patients health. If I need to operate on your back and but I would do this first and face at another time, as I dont want to have you face down after a facelift. My suggestion would be to do the tummy tuck and all the lipo in on session and then 3 months later do the breasts and face. 

Good luck

Peter Fisher, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Which Procedure First?

+1

I tell my patients to do which ever they want to first and in order of which bothers them the most. There isn't a right or wrong sequence in which to do your procedures. Consult with a board certified plastic surgeon to discuss recovery, price and health history to determine a plan that works best for you. 

Leo Lapuerta, MD