How Do I Design a Chin Implant That is Similar to a Movie Star?

How do cosmetic surgeons prepare for chin augmentation? Will I see a rendering of a desired chin. How close do surgeons come in getting the right look?

Designing chin implant results

+1

Digital imaging and morphing are useful tools in planning for chin augmentation. Experienced surgeons are usually able to get pretty close results to the imaging, though you have to keep in mind that there are healing variations that complicate getting everything exactly the same.

While you can certainly be inspired to have a particular look to your chin it is better to think about working with your appearance and what fits your face best rather than trying to mimic a movie star's face. Your chin may end up looking more out of place than anything if you're not careful.

Chin implant

+1

The result is dependant on the patients anatomy, the operative plan and the experience of the surgeon. I think a computer  simulation is reasonable because I will not discuss making a patient look like someone else, I will discuss what we can potentially do for them.

Jay M. Pensler, MD

Chin Augmentation Goals and Expectations

+1

How close one can change one's chin to any desired look depends on many factors, not the least of which may be the type of chin implant used. Whether an immediately available preformed chin implant can come close or whether one may need a custom-designed chin implant depends on careful consideration of the chin one has and the chin one wants. Depending on the anatomic features of your existing chin it may not be possible ro come close or it may be quite possible. A careful photographic analysis and computer imaging can help answer this question. It is almost never a good idea to be trying to achieve the specific facial look of another. The best that can usually be done is to make a better you not a new you.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

How Do I Design a Chin Immplant Similat to a Movie Star

+1

The biggest problem in designing  a chin implant similar to a movie star is trying to decide which movie star; do you want to look lie Rosie O'Donnell or Angelina Jolie? There is tremendous variation in the design of implants and the materials used. During consultations look at pictures of each surgeon's patients to see if you like their results.

Chin Implant

+1

Chin implants come in a very wide selection of shapes and sizes. Some can even be modified by carving. Your surgeon will take measurements of your face and should be able to show you actual implants, but it is doubtful he will have a sample of every kind. Some surgeons have software to give you some idea of post op results, although they will tell you that is just an estimate. But like Dr. Pousti wrote, most of us will be quite frank with you that surgery will make you look like you but with better proportiions, it will NOT moke you look like someone else. Realistic expectations of what can and CANNOT be achieved with surgery are necessary for satisfaction with the results.

Ronald V. DeMars, MD

Chin Augmentation like a Movie Star?

+1

If you are trying to look like another person and achieve the “right look” you stand a very high chance of being disappointed with the results of surgery. For this reason, I personally would not offer an operation to a patient whose goal is to look like another person.

You would be well advised to consider REALISTIC  EXPECTATIONS  heavily while contemplating any type of cosmetic procedure.

Chin implants

+1

There are different shapes and sizes,  and vertical and horizantal dimensions of implants.

Computer imaging can be a means of giving you an idea of how it will look on you , Not exactly how it will look on you.

The choice of the implant is a matter of communications between you and the surgeon and what you want. This same process is considered whether you are you or the movie star.