Derotating Tip Via Loosening of Sutures?

I want to have my tip derotated by loosening the sutures used to rotate it up, per my PS' suggestion ( since he rotated it up buy tightening the sutures, no cutting or removing of the septum and/or cartilage). I'm hoping it will result in my previously droopy and concave shape profile (which I loved bc it reflected my ethnicity). How soon can this be done? Is it a closed or open procedure? Can it be done with local anesthesia? Will a strut be needed in the collumelar?

De-rotating Nasal Tip

+2

It is impossible to say what affect cutting sutures will have on the position of your nasal tip. Your surgeon will be the best source of information for you. However, if it has been awhile since your surgery there is likely significant scar tissue keeping the tip in place and this would need to be formally released, and if it has been a short period, you should wait until the swelling has resolved to make sure the appropriate steps are taken to get you the results you want. 

Vincent Marin, MD