Dermis Graft from Coccyx Area for Rhinoplasty?

Dermis graft was one of the methods offered by korean plastic surgeons to increase the height of the nasal bridge. I have never heard of this before and couldn't find much information about it on the interent. Is this a good alternative to silicone implant? (I don't think I have enough septal or ear cartilage and I would like to save my rib for any future revisions if I ever needed it)

Dermal Grafts For Rhinoplasty

+1

Hi,

Autologous dermal grafts are one of the methods used to add dimensions to a nose but they are of a tricky nature and the way they settle after the surgery.

However, autologous cartilage grafts and synthetic impacts result better outcome.

I encourage you to consult with more than one surgeon to make sure that you will be making a well informed decision.

That being said please remember that commendable results require an exceptionally skilled surgeon to perform the surgery and settling for anything less than that increases the chances of additional corrective surgeries dramatically.

I hope this helps and please feel free to check the website below.

Thank you for your inquiry.
The best of luck to you.

Dr. Sajjadian

Web reference: http://www.DrSajjadian.com

+1

I have performed Rhinoplasty for over 25 years and dermal grafts are not new.  Dermal grafts from various areas have been used in the nose and would be subject to uneven absorption, creating deviations in the nose IMHO.  Use a proven graft material which IMHO are conchal ear cartilage for tip grafts and straight silastic grafts for the nasal bridge.

Web reference: http://www.drfpalmer.com

Ways to increase nasal dorsal height

+1

I have personally never used a dermal graft from this area for rhinoplasty, but have been using cadaveric dermis (Alloderm) quite extensively.  The choice of material depends on doctor's and patient's preferences and the amount of augmentation needed.  For large volume augmentation, septal or rib cartilage grafts are commonly used. Nasal implants, although not as popular as before, are still a valid option.  For smaller volume augmentation, dermal onlay grafts can be used, as well as septal or ear cartilage grafts. Don't worry about saving the rib for the future -- there is plenty of rib cartilage so you are not going to burn any bridges.  And don't think about revision now, be more positive.  After all, a vast majority of rhinoplasties don't require revisions. Good luck.

Grafts for the nasal dorsum

+1

I suppose dermal grafts can be used for only, but cartilage is better.  Speak with other surgeons to get other opinions.

Asian rhinoplasty

+1

Surgeon have tried a put a number of different tissues and products on the nose so not surprise with this tissue. Question is if it will correct the problem adequately and second will it last? Silastic implant have been used for many decades and lasted long when placed into an adequate pocket without undue pressure at the tip. Cadaver rib cartilage is readily available but warping and long term survival may not be good. Outer table cranial bone graft works very well and have used in Asian noses. 

Web reference: http://www.cosmeticsurgery4you.com

Huntington Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon