Dermatologists or Plastic Surgeon? (photo)

I would like to get my mole removed as it really affects my confidence, I rang local surgery and they gave me the option of dermatologist or plastic surgeon, it is quite big on my left cheek I know a scar is inevitable but who would do a better job? Thank you

This mole should be removed by a plastic surgeon

+1
Although there may be doctors other than plastic surgeons who could remove this mole you are more likely to get a better result if it is done by a plastic surgeon.  The reason why a plastic surgeon would do a better job is that the years of SURGICAL training it takes to become a plastic surgeon involve learning the complex reasoning and planning required to remove this mole in the most aesthetic manner possible.  

Claremont Plastic Surgeon

Mole

+1

Having the large mole on the face, choose a plastic surgeon, Then I use fractional CO2 laser to improve on the scar.

Samir Shureih MD. FACS

sshureih@msn.com

Choosing between a dermatologist or plastic surgeon

+1
Many dermatologists are experts and specialize in cosmetic surgery so it is more important that you choose a physician with whom you are comfortable rather than deciding based on their specialty. Look for a physician who is very experienced in cosmetic surgery. Since every face is different, the experience and technique of your physician, not their specialty, is the most critical part to your achieving a nice result.

Mitchell Schwartz, MD
South Burlington Dermatologic Surgeon