Dermatologist or Plastic Surgeon for Facial Birthmark?

I have a birthmark on my face that looks like a fairly large pimple, that is the same color as my skin. I want to get it removed, do I go to a Dermatologist or a Plastic surgeon?

Plastic surgeon or dermatologist?.

+1

Either a dermatologist or a plastic surgeon could help you with your problem.  If it becomes more surgical I would recommend a plastic surgeon.  Of course, if not a bad thing to go to both dermatologist and a plastic surgeon to make sure the diagnoses agree with one another.

Removing a birthmark - finding the best surgeon

+1

You should seek a consultation for excision of the lesion with layered closure under minimal tension.  This will yield the most cosmetically positive result.

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS