Will Dermasanding Achieve a Better Result Than Laser Resurfacing for Deep Ice Pick and Box Scar Acne Scarring?

I'm looking for alternative treatments to laser resurfacing due to the additional pin point scarring and hyperpigmentation I developed after 2 treatments of Total Fx. The holes created in the face by the laser failed to heal and now appear as enlarged pores. The pictures I included are 1 yr. post second treatment and 2 yrs. post first treatment. Both Total FX treatments were performed by a Board Certified Dermatologist.

Acne scar treatment

+2

There are 2 ways to treat these scars.  Both work great together.  I would combine Fraxel restore treatments with silicone injections.  You will need about 5 sessions of each.  I have had fantastic results with this combination.  Now, if you are concerned about doing another laser treatment, I would just recommend the silicone injections which are permanent filler and would make a huge improvement on you.

Ice pick acne scars and worsening after total fx

+1

I would consider a multilayered approach. But first I would consider TCA CROSS to get the deep ice pick scars to roll out. They may look worse at first but will get better. Then I would do a multilayered approach. Everyone has ideas out there. We have made signifcant strides in figuring out the best approach. co2 laser with dermabrasion would be in the mix to polish it. Look forward to speaking with you.

Philip Young, MD
Bellevue Facial Plastic Surgeon